Martin A. Nowak
Nowak studied biochemistry from 1983 to 1987 and received his doctorate in 1989 “ sub auspiciis ” in mathematics at the University of Vienna . His dissertation was entitled Stochastic Strategies in the Prisoner's Dilemma (Evolution of Cooperation) . The habilitation took place in 1993 at the University of Vienna. During this time, Nowak worked with Peter Schuster and Karl Sigmund in Vienna, as well as with Robert May in Oxford and Manfred Eigen in Göttingen. He then conducted research at the University of Oxford until 1998 . From 1998 to 2003 Nowak was at Princeton University . He has been a professor at Harvard since 2003.
In 1992 he was invited speaker at the European Congress of Mathematicians in Paris (The evolutionary dynamics of HIV infections).
Nowak's research interests are evolutionary dynamics , evolution and treatment of cancer , infection dynamics , quasi-species theory , gene redundancy , evolutionary game theory , dynamics of adaptations , finite populations, evolutionary graph theory , evolutionary set theory , evolution of language , cooperation , fairness and reputation , indirect reciprocity , group selection , origin of Evolution, and the evolution of eusociality .
- MA Nowak, RM May: Virus Dynamics: Mathematical Principles of Immunology and Virology . Oxford University Press, 2000, ISBN 0-19-850418-7 .
- MA Nowak: Evolutionary Dynamics: Exploring the Equations of Life . Harvard University Press, 2006, ISBN 0-674-02338-2 .
- MA Nowak, R. Highfield: SuperCooperators: Why We Need Each Other to Succeed . Free Press, 2011, ISBN 978-1-4391-0018-9 .
- German by Enrico Heinemann: Cooperative Intelligence. The secret of success of evolution . CH Beck, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-406-65547-0 .
- Martin Nowak: Young should research independently. In: The press. April 3, 2011.
- Martin Nowak: No matter what I do, it's never enough. In: The press . May 23, 2009. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
|SURNAME||Nowak, Martin A.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Nowak, Martin; Nowak, Martin Andreas|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian-American biologist and mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Klosterneuburg|