Media design refers to the creative practice, i.e. the artistic ( media art ) and design ( media design ) handling of the new media . Media design is the process of aesthetic shaping in which the media can be both a tool and a material. Since the apprenticeship professions template maker, typesetter , sound engineer, media designer and others have been called media designer for digital and print and media designer for image and sound since 1998 , the meaning of the term has changed, and today it is often used colloquially as a synonym for graphic design . In order to take this change of concept into account, the artistic subjects of media design are moving the word art more to the fore. The Visual Media Design course at Wiener Angewandte is now called Digital Art, the Media Design course at the Bauhaus University Weimar is now called Media Art / Media Design.
Media design is represented as an academic discipline in the tertiary education sector . Original university courses with diploma or bachelor / master degrees in media design are offered by some universities.
- Furtwangen University - Faculty of Digital Media (Bachelor of Media Informatics, Online Media and Media Concept / Master of Design of Interactive Media)
- University of Applied Arts Vienna formerly Faculty of Visual Media Design , now Digital Art .
- Academy of Media Arts Cologne (now: Interdisciplinary Group Expanded Design)
- Bauhaus University Weimar (renamed to: Media Art / Media Design since 2009)
- University of the Arts Berlin (renamed to: Art and Media)
- Bielefeld University (media informatics and design)
- University of the Arts Bremen (in the Digital Media course)
- Mainz University of Applied Sciences (teaching unit media design, time-based media BA & MA)
- Art University Linz - Institute for Art and Education, Department of Media Design
- University of Applied Sciences Hof (Media Design course, BA)
- Trier University of Applied Sciences (Intermedia Design, BA & MA)
In-company training and school training to become a media designer
The profession of media designer can be completed in all specialist areas (consulting and planning, digital and print , image and sound , conception and visualization) as training in designated companies. In addition to gaining practical experience in the training companies, a theoretical part at the intended vocational schools is also necessary.
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original from July 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original from April 9, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. As part of the restructuring of the Art Academy for Media, i.e. renouncing the previous subject groups in favor of greater interdisciplinary permeability, Expanded Design ED is at the interfaces to moving images, to free artistic work with media, to spatial and network-related topics, to experimental computer science, on sound and music as well as on approaches to culture, art and media theory.
- Intermedia Design. Retrieved March 31, 2017 .