Neuhaus is a district of the Upper Bavarian market Schliersee in the Miesbach district .
Neuhaus is located south of the Schliersee in the Alpine foothills between the neighboring districts of Fischhausen (which is on the south bank of the Schliersee) and Josefsthal . To the south are the mountains Brecherspitz , Spitzingsee -Plateau and Jägerkamp .
As the gateway to the Spitzingsee ski area, Neuhaus was an important train station before and after the Second World War; a cable car ran from the Josefstal district up to the Spitzingsee. Many young people later came to Neuhaus after both the Catholic and Protestant churches had founded youth seminar houses here.
- Grace Bumbry (* 1937) (opera singer)
- Hans Frank (1900–1946) (Nazi politician and war criminal arrested in Neuhaus in 1945)
- Heinrich Jonen (1901–1960) (film producer)
- Curd Jürgens (1915–1982) (actor)
- Gerhard Polt (* 1942) (cabaret artist, author, television and film actor)
- Peter Schlickenrieder (* 1970) (cross-country skier, Olympic silver medal)
- Franz Seitz senior (1888–1952) (film producer and actor)
- Franz Seitz junior (1921-2006) (film producer and screenwriter)
- Markus Wasmeier (* 1963) (Olympic ski champion)
- Paul Winter (1894–1970) (composer)
- Eduard Arnhold (1849–1925) (entrepreneur, patron, philanthropist)
Coordinates: 47 ° 42 ' N , 11 ° 53' E
The federal highway 307 runs through the village .
The Fischhausen-Neuhaus stop is on the Schliersee – Bayrischzell (BOB) railway line on the northern edge. The connection to Spitzingsee is provided by regular buses operated by Regionalverkehr Oberbayern .
From 1919 to 1922 the station was the starting point for the Neuhauser Bockerlbahn , with which 290,000 solid meters of windthrow wood were transported away. The Bockerlbahnweg runs along the route today .
The Markus Wasmeier Farm and Winter Sports Museum is located on the northern edge .
- Neuhaus in the location database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library