Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories
NCCT (short for English non-cooperative countries and territories ) designated countries of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering were included in the list of countries (FATF), the legislation to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, in particular so-called. Triangular transactions not complies with recognized standards.
This blacklist is public and means of a policy of name and shame .
In the first report of the FATF in February 2000, the desirable standards, criteria and countermeasures at legislative and administrative level were set in order to identify and prevent the misuse of legal financial flows for the purpose of money laundering.
In the European Union, Regulation (EC) No. 1781/2006 (Money Transfer Regulation) has also been in effect since January 2007, and was replaced in 2015 by the Money Transfer Regulation (EU) 2015/847.
In the FATF's first supplementary report in June 2000, the following states were placed on the list of non-cooperative countries and territories:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands ( British Overseas Territory )
- Cook Islands
- Dominican Republic
- Gibraltar , Guernsey , Isle of Man and Jersey
- Marshall Islands
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
The list is reviewed annually and additional countries are added. Countries with relevant advances in legislation will be removed from the list.
In the report of June 22, 2001, the following countries were deleted from the list:
- Cayman Islands
In the report of February 25, 2009, the list was expanded to include the following countries, for example:
The October 2016 document also states:
Guyana, on the other hand, was removed from the list in October 2016.
- FATF: Report on Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories February 14, 2000 (English)
- . OJ L 141/1 of June 5, 2015.
- FATF: Review to identify Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories: Increasing the worldwide Effectiveness of Anti Money-Laundering Measures June 22, 2000 (English)
- FATF: About the Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories (NCCT) Initiative / Annual NCCTs reports accessed on June 17, 2017 (English)
- Timelines of FATF decisions on NCCTS — Jurisdictions listed and monitored (Annex 3). Accessed August 4, 2017 .
- FATF Statement concerning Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan and São Tomé and Príncipe February 26, 2009 (English)
- Improving Global AML / CFT Compliance: on-going process October 21, 2016 (English)