As Pâtissier (female form: Pâtissière; of double. : Pâte , dough) is referred to in a kitchen staff kitchens confectioner (dt also. Feinbäcker ).
Job description and field of activity
The pastry chef takes on the following areas of responsibility
- Manufacturing and processing of
- Doughs such as puff pastry , yeast dough , shortcrust pastry , pie dough .
- Masses as choux paste , sponge cake , Viennese mass , Meringuemasse , pound cake , Hippe mass .
- Pies and cakes, as Sachertorte , fruit cake , marble cake , Linzer Torte , Black Forest cake , cheese cake , Swiss rolls , strudel
- Preparation and serving of
- Cold desserts such as cream , mousse , jelly , fruit dishes , quark dishes , sweet sauces , ganache and pralines .
- Warm desserts such as omelets , donuts , pancakes , crepes , pudding , soufflés , warm sweet sauces.
- Ice dishes made from ice cream , soft ice cream , ice cream , sorbet , semi-frozen foods .
In Switzerland, pastry chef is a specialization of the basic professional chef / cook.
In Germany, the pastry profession is not an independent training profession . However, the prerequisite for exercising this is a completed apprenticeship as a cook or pastry chef . He often takes on the tasks of the kitchen baker (Boulanger) or shares the work area with him. Selected hotel schools offer special training courses for pastry chefs. In addition, from 2008 to 2014 there was an independent profession of ice cream maker based on a two-year vocational training program, which was replaced by a three-year training profession as an ice cream specialist . This vocational training was discontinued at the end of July 2019.
In Austria, the area also belongs to numerous different professions, including the apprenticeship confectioner (confectioner) and baker in the artisanal, confectionery manufacturer in the commercial sector, but can also be found in the special professions Lebzelter (gingerbread maker), wafer baker, candy and confectionery maker and ice cream maker.
- Food theory . Leipzig 1987.
- ↑ Sweet things are his thing , Allgemeine Hotel- und Gastronomie-Zeitung , January 30, 2015. Accessed July 12, 2017.
- ↑ Profession: Pâtissier. In: Professions and training. berufsberatung.ch, accessed on February 20, 2009 .
- ↑ Pâtissier in the Appointments of the Federal Employment Agency . Retrieved June 3, 2020.
- ↑ specialist for ice cream in Berufenet the Federal Employment Agency . Retrieved June 3, 2020.