education and profession
Patrick Schnieder grew up with three siblings in Birresborn in the Vulkaneifel district . At the St. Matthias-Gymnasium in Gerolstein he obtained the general university entrance qualification in 1987. From 1987 to 1988 he did his basic military service in the Heinrich Hertz barracks in Daun . He studied law at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität in Bonn and is a member of the Catholic student association KDSt.V. Novesia Bonn . 1995 to 1997 graduated Schnieder the legal training and was in 1998 as a lawyer admitted. The fully qualified lawyer Schnieder worked in a law firm until 1999. Schnieder was the mayor of the Arzfeld community in the Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm from 1999 to 2009 .
Patrick Schnieder joined the CDU and the Junge Union in 1984 and has been involved in local politics ever since. After his district chairmanship in the Junge Union Kreis Daun from 1991 to 1994, Schnieder first became a member of the Daun district assembly (1994 to 1998) and, when he moved to Arzfeld, from 1999 a member of the Bitburg-Prüm district assembly. In his office as mayor of the Arzfeld community, Schnieder was re-elected in 2006 with 87 percent of the votes. From 2004 to 2010 he was chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in the Bitburg-Prüm district assembly. From 2000 to 2011 Schnieder was also a member of the state executive committee of the CDU Rhineland-Palatinate (KPV) local political association and from 2003 to 2011 district chairman of the KPV Trier. From 2010 to November 2012 Schnieder was chairman of the CDU district association in Trier.
From November 2011 to March 2018 he was Secretary General of the CDU Rhineland-Palatinate . On September 19, 2015, Schnieder was re-elected Secretary General at the state party conference in Frankenthal with 98.2 percent of the delegate's votes. He was the top candidate of the CDU Rhineland-Palatinate for the 2017 federal election .
Member of the German Bundestag
Patrick Schnieder has been a directly elected member of the Bundestag constituency of Bitburg since 2009 . He has been a full member of the Committee Scrutiny of Elections, Immunity and the Rules of Procedure , the Committee on Transport and digital infrastructure , in the Joint Committee and in the Council of Elders . He is a deputy member of the election review committee . He is also a member of numerous parliamentary groups , including the municipal working group, the SME parliamentary group, the Stephanus group and the German-Belgian-Luxembourg parliamentary group ( BENELUX ), of which he is chairman. Schnieder has been chairman of the Rhineland-Palatinate state group of the CDU in the Bundestag since 2017 . In addition, he has been the parliamentary managing director of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group since 2018 .
Patrick Schnieder is a member of numerous associations and institutions in his home in the Eifel. The direct neighborhood in the border triangle with Luxembourg and Belgium also prompts Schnieder to cross-border commitments. From 2000 to 2009 he was chairman of the Islek tourist office in the border triangle Germany / Belgium / Luxembourg eV, from 2003 to 2009 a member of the board of directors of EuRegio SaarLorLux + asbl and was deputy chairman of the Islek without borders EEIG from 2002 to 2012. In addition, Schnieder has been active as chairman of the local association of the German Red Cross in Arzfeld since 2001 and since 2007 as a member of the board of the Friends and Sponsors Association of St. Joseph Hospital Prüm eV, of which he is also a founding member. Schnieder is also a member of the board of directors of the Luxembourg cultural center CUBE 521 in Marnach . He is involved in the German Association of the Holy Land .
Parliamentary groups: Local working group of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group, medium -sized parliamentary group, Stephanuskreis, German-Belgian-Luxembourg parliamentary group , German-Italian parliamentary group, German-Japanese parliamentary group, German-South American parliamentary group, European Union parliamentary group German Bundestag
Patrick Schnieder has been a member of the Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly since 2019 .
honors and awards
- 2008: Knight of the Order of Knights of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem
- 2016: Grand Officer of the Belgian Order of the Crown
- Patrick Schnieder's website
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Patrick Schnieder on parliamentwatch.de
- Website of EuRegio SaarLorLux + ( Memento from September 16, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- Islek Without Borders website
- Website of the CDU regional group Rhineland-Palatinate
- Curriculum vitae of Patrick Schnieder ( Memento from August 10, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- swr.de: Klöckner leads her party into the election campaign , accessed on October 13, 2015
- list of the CDU Rhineland-Palatinate for the 2017 federal election. CDU Rhineland-Palatinate, March 18, 2017, accessed on September 26, 2018 .
- German Bundestag - Biographies . In: German Bundestag . ( bundestag.de [accessed September 26, 2018]).
- Patrick Schnieder new chairman of the Rhineland-Palatinate regional group . In: Patrick Schnieder . October 2, 2017 ( patrick-schnieder.de [accessed September 26, 2018]).
- Patrick Schnieder re-elected as Parliamentary Managing Director. SWR. October 9, 2018, accessed January 11, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 1, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kyllburg|