The productronica is the world's leading trade fair for electronics production. It takes place every two years in Munich . The carrier is the VDMA (Association of German Mechanical and Plant Engineering eV).
- Operator: Messe München
- Venue: Messe München
- Exhibition space (2017): 88,000 m²
- Exhibitor (2017): 1,560
- Visitors (2017): 44,987
- Date 2019: 12-16 November
In the 1970s, modern conveyor systems and the first microprocessors advanced electronics production, which is why semiconductor technology was included in the trade fair program. In 1980 the focus of the fair was on the field of printed circuits . The fifth productronica was shaped by circuit boards and SMD technology, which had its roots in increasing miniaturization . The year 1990 was marked by the structural change in the manufacturing landscape in Europe , driven by the ever increasing Asian competition. With the structural change in the years from the turn of the millennium, there was a discussion about lead-free production. Lead-free working groups were founded by the FED , ZVEI and VdL in order to be able to cope better with the learning curve .
Today the fair covers the entire value chain of electronics manufacturing. For the 40th anniversary in 2015, the organizers presented the “productronica innovation award” for the first time.
The fair is divided into five clusters : PCB & EMS, SMT, Semiconductors, Cables, Coils & Hybrid, Future Markets. The Overall Production Support area complements this structure and includes services and products that can be used for all clusters. Current areas such as B. Industry 4.0 and 3D printing complete the exhibition area.
PCB & EMS cluster
- Assembly technology
- Soldering and joining technology for printed circuit boards
- Measurement and testing technology, quality assurance
- Product finishing
- Production subsystems
- Production logistics and material flow technology
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Manufacturing of displays , LEDs and discrete components
- Photovoltaic production
- Clean room technology
- Material processing
Cluster cables, coils & hybrids
- Manufacturing technologies for cables and connectors
- Winding goods production
- Hybrid component manufacturing
Future Markets cluster
- IT to Production, Industry 4.0
- Manufacturing technologies for batteries and electrical energy storage
- Organic and printed electronics
- 3D printing , additive manufacturing
facts and figures
In 2017 productronica counted 1,560 exhibitors from 42 countries on 88,000 m² of exhibition space. Almost 50 percent of the exhibiting companies came from abroad. On the visitor side, 44,987 professionals found their way to the Munich exhibition center. 43 percent of them came from Germany, the remaining 57 percent from abroad, 68 percent of them from Europe. According to the visitor structure, these came mainly from the areas of production (28%) and management (19%) as well as from research and development (16%).
Productronica defines key topics for each event. These are organized in cooperation with the Association of German Mechanical and Plant Engineering and the Central Association of the Electrical and Electronics Industry and the publishers Weka , Hüthig and Konradin . In addition, the publishers each hold a round table on the topic.
Alongside productronica China and productronica India, productronica is the core element of the electronics trade fair network of Messe München International. This network also includes the world's leading trade fairs electronica in Munich, electronica China and electronica India as well as eAsia.
- AUMA Auma.de trade fair database. Accessed June 15, 2015
- all-electronics.de Trial balloon to guarantee success
- Microcomputerhistory.com ( Memento from May 30, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- All-electronics.com Risk rewarded
- Vogel electronics practice
- All-electronics.de Productronica Innovation Award
- all-electronics.de Productronica cleans up
- productronica.com , See the whole in detail.
- auma.de , trade fair database.