In 1999 he released his debut solo album Make The Music 2000 , in which MCing plays an essential role during beatboxing . Then came the second album Greatest Knockouts , which was spread very quickly. Rahzel was a member of The Roots .
What is special about Rahzel is that he has mastered beatboxing and rapping or singing at the same time, which is particularly evident in what is probably his most popular piece, If Your Mother Only Knew (" If Your Mother Only Knew ").
Rahzel has worked for years with a variety of different musicians who are not limited to the style of rap and hip-hop . In 1995, in collaboration with the Fantastischen Vier, the track " Lauschgift " was created for the album Lauschgift (his voice can also be heard on this album on the track "On The Next Album", a message he left on Smudo's answering machine). In 2004 the album Rahzel's Greatest Knockouts was released with the artists Slick Rick , RZA and Cee-Lo Green . Also in 2004 Björk used Rahzel's beatboxing skills for several songs on her album Medúlla . Rahzel has been working with vocal artist Mike Patton in particular for years. Joint concert appearances in 2004 followed the collaboration in Patton's band Peeping Tom .
- 1999: Make the Music 2000
- 2003: Rahzel's Greatest Knockouts
- according to the LCCN data set, see normative data
- Rahzel - Make The Music 2000 at Discogs , accessed November 5, 2010.
- Rahzel's concert with Mike Patton ( memento of the original from September 30, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Chart sources: UK US
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Brown, Rahzel M. (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American beatboxer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Queens , New York City|