From 1978 on, Vollkommer studied Classical Archeology, Prehistory and Early History , Art History , Egyptology and Near Eastern Archeology at the University of Munich . He then completed a master's degree in Paris and a graduate degree in Oxford , where he received his doctorate in 1988 with John Boardman . From 1984 to 1994 Vollkommer worked as a research assistant at Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae (LIMC) in Basel. He also taught as a lecturer at the universities in Friborg (Switzerland) and Freiburg im Breisgau . Between 1994 and 1998 Vollkommer was employed as a senior assistant at the Archaeological Institute of Leipzig University , where he was involved, among other things, in setting up the Museum of Antiquities . From 1998 to 2000 he was a substitute professor at the University of Freiburg i. Br. True.
From 2000, Vollkommer worked as an art dealer at Jean-David Cahn AG in Basel, which specializes in ancient art . From 2002 to 2011 he was head of department at the Saxon State Office for Archeology and headed the State Museum for Prehistory Dresden . In December 2009 he was appointed honorary professor at the Technical University of Dresden . Vollkommer has been director of the Liechtenstein National Museum in Vaduz since April 2011 .
He is married to the archaeologist Doris Vollkommer-Glökler .
- Heracles in the Art of Classical Greece. Oxford University School of Archeology, Oxford 1989, ISBN 0-947816-25-9 (= dissertation).
- Lower Italian vases. Leipziger Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 1995, ISBN 3-929031-86-8 ( Small series of the Antiken-Museum of the University of Leipzig. Volume 2).
- Great moments in archeology. Verlag CH Beck, Munich 2000, ISBN 3-406-45935-8 .
- New great moments in archeology. Verlag CH Beck, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-406-55058-4 .
- Ancient Greece. Theiss Verlag, Stuttgart 2007, ISBN 3-8062-2045-X .
- The Roman Empire. Theiss Verlag, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 3-8062-2078-6 .
- Natura Morta. Photographs: Oliver Mark . Kehrer Verlag, Heidelberg 2016, ISBN 978-3-86828-759-2 .
- Oliver Mark's view of Liechtenstein's national holiday. Photographs: Oliver Mark, Alpenland-Verlag, Schaan 2013, ISBN 978-3-905437-34-8 .
- French archeology today. Insights into excavations. Leipziger Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 1997, ISBN 3-931922-43-X ( Publications of the France Center. Volume 3).
- Artist's lexicon of antiquity . 2 volumes, Saur Verlag, Leipzig / Munich 2001–2004
- The photo book Natura Morta was created in the evidence chamber of the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation and reminds us of the importance of biodiversity - Kehrer Verlag. Retrieved September 17, 2018 .
|SURNAME||Full comer, Rainer|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 20, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|