After graduating from high school in Bremen in 1970, Lisch studied sociology at the University of Bielefeld and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor , USA , with a focus on organization and human resources as well as empirical social research and statistics . In 1975 he received his diploma at the University of Bielefeld with an empirical work on total institutions ( Goffman ), 1977, he was at the University of Bremen with a thesis on social science content analysis to Dr. phil. PhD.
In 1982 Lisch was appointed head of the service department at Stiftung Warentest , Berlin , which carried out comparative empirical studies in the service sector . The investigations encompassed a large number of personal and professional services, particularly in the areas of banking and insurance, customer service, health, travel and leisure. He also carried out numerous studies himself on topics such as child sponsorship , safety on ferries, and panic safety in football stadiums, which received a lot of public attention. Lisch processed the results of a comparative study of gambling offers in Germany in the first book published by Stiftung Warentest.
From 1990 to 2008 Lisch held various positions at the container shipping company Hapag-Lloyd . After several years in Hamburg, among other things as Marketing Director Europe, he went to Asia in 1996, where he worked for Hapag-Lloyd as Managing Director in Singapore , Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong .
At Stiftung Warentest, Lisch was particularly concerned with the further development of the methodology and methodology of comparative service studies. He has processed his experience in research and management in numerous books and articles. This includes works on empirical social research and statistics on the one hand, and analyzes by Machiavelli's Il Principe (The Prince) on the other, as well as Odo Marquard's concept of incompetence compensation competence in relation to the behavior of managers.
Lisch has lived in Singapore as an independent consultant and author since 2008.
- Incompetence Compensation Competence - How managers really tick. Stories. Solibro Verlag , Münster 2016, ISBN 978-3-96079-013-6 .
- Measuring Service Performance - Practical Research for Better Quality. Gower Publishing / Routledge , Farnham 2014, ISBN 978-1-47241-191-4 .
- Ancient Wisdom for Modern Management - Machiavelli at 500. Gower Publishing / Routledge, Farnham 2012, ISBN 978-1-40945-464-9 .
- Method lexicon for medical professionals, psychologists, sociologists. Psychologie Verlags Union, Munich 1988, ISBN 3-621-27056-6 (together with Jürgen Kriz ).
- Win by playing? Opportunities in comparison. Stiftung Warentest, Berlin 1983. 2nd updated edition 1984, ISBN 3-924286-01-9 .
- Basics and models of content analysis. Inventory and criticism. Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag, Reinbek near Hamburg 1978, ISBN 3-499-21117-3 (together with Jürgen Kriz).
- Literature by and about Ralf Lisch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Author biography published by Solibro Verlag
- LinkedIn profile of Ralf Lisch
- On the trail of donations. In: test. Volume 20, No. 12, 1985, pp. 22-28.
- "Smack of a colonial attitude." In: Der Spiegel. Volume 39, No. 48, 1985, pp. 87-99. Retrieved July 18, 2020.
- SOS - Ships Without Security. In: test. Volume 24, No. 11, 1989, pp. 79-88.
- Certainly to England and Scandinavia. In: test. Volume 25, No. 5, 1990, pp. 73-78.
- Security in the offside. In: test. Volume 20, No. 9, 1985, pp. 20-26 and yellow card for safety. In: test. Volume 21, No. 6, 1986, pp. 22-24. Both investigations were a reaction to the " Heysel disaster ".
- In search of happiness . In: test. Volume 18, No. 11, 1983, pp. 7, 24-26. The comparison made there between the probability of getting six numbers right in the lottery with the risk of being struck by lightning has been taken up again and again in the media since then.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist, manager and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 9, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bremen|