Robert Michel (* 6. May 1984 in Bielefeld ) is a German Internet show host with stage name Rob Vegas , with his Web-TV program Mindtime show and a fake Harald Schmidt - Twitter -Account aroused media interest.
Robert Michel grew up in Oerlinghausen in Lippe , where he passed his Abitur at the Niklas-Luhmann-Gymnasium in 2003 . Since 2005 he has been studying political science at Bielefeld University . He got his nickname from friends after a vacation in Las Vegas , where he said he lost 5,000 euros while visiting a casino.
In 2006 the video portal Sevenload became aware of Michel and signed him. From the summer of the same year to March 2009, 145 episodes of the Mindtime Show were broadcast there. In the program, Michel commented on the political events of the week mostly in a satirical way, conducted interviews with celebrities such as Tom Gaebel , or initiated bets with his viewers. The program was created entirely by Michel himself: he was responsible for the development of the content, the shooting equipment and the post-production . Thanks to the intensive marketing by Sevenload, the show quickly reached over 100,000 views per issue. Various media reported, including Bild and FAZ . The format was also shown with Harald Schmidt . In mid-February 2009, Michel announced in his blog that he would no longer continue the show and that the contract with Sevenload would expire.
In January 2009, Michel created the Twitter account BonitoTV and pretended to be Harald Schmidt . By the time Michel revealed his true identity on April 22, 2009, over 6,500 users followed his 165+ posts. Media like the ARD Morgenmagazin and the Bunte reported about the wrong Harald Schmidt. At the same time, Michel started his new Rob Vegas Show , which is published irregularly on YouTube ; his website was also relaunched .
In June 2009 Michel (Zensi Zensa) released Zensursula , a protest song against the blocking of websites in Germany , which he wrote together with Oliver Kels. The associated video on YouTube has been viewed over half a million times.
Since 2009, Michel also a columnist for the online TV magazine Quotenmeter.de . Since 2013 he has been producing articles for Netzprediger , an Internet magazine that is produced for the online magazine platform Massengeschmack TV .
In November 2015, Rob Vegas published the fake autobiography for late night icon Harald Schmidt with the title Ich, Harald Schmidt , published by Goldmann Verlag.
- Rob Vegas website
- Net preacher at Massengeschmack.TV
- Net preacher on YouTube
- Focus Online - The Trashy Universe of Rob Vegas
- Information about Robert Michel on RobVegas.de
- Rob Vegas in the picture ( Memento from July 12, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Rob Vegas at Schmoogle Rob Vegas Harald Schmidt
- Mindtime Blog - Rob Vegas and the Year 2009 ( Memento April 17, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- DWDL.de - This man is Harald Schmidt - on Twitter
- Spiegel-Online - The wrong Harald Schmidt
- Zensi Zensa Zensursula on YouTube
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from February 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Michel, Robert (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German internet show master|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 6, 1984|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bielefeld|