Rolf Bergmann (Linguist)
Rolf Bergmann (born August 2, 1937 in Wuppertal ) is a German linguist and Germanic Medievalist . He is a retired professor for German linguistics and older German literature at the University of Bamberg .
Life and work
Bergmann studied German language and literature and history at the University of Cologne from 1958 to 1963 . After the state examination he was an assistant in Groningen (NL), Bonn and Münster from 1963 to 1970 . In 1966 he received his doctorate at the University of Bonn and then in 1970 the habilitation in Germanic Philology at the University of Münster . He then worked as a lecturer, scientific adviser and professor at the University of Münster. From 1973 to 1976 he was full professor for modern German linguistics at the University of Augsburg and in 1977 moved to the University of Bamberg as full professor for German linguistics and older German literature.
The focus of his research was Old High German , sacred drama, name research and the history of language .
- 1984 Academy Prize of the Philological and Historical Class of the Academy of Sciences in Göttingen
- 1992 Award of the Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2009 Award of the gold medal “bene merenti” by the Otto Friedrich University of Bamberg
- Contributions to name research . Journal of the University of Bamberg
- Linguistics . University of Bamberg
- German Library Series, University Press C. Winter
- Introduction to German Linguistics . Winter, Heidelberg 2010. ISBN 978-3-8253-5797-9
- Old and Middle High German: Workbook on the grammar of the older German language levels and on German language history . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2007. ISBN 978-3-525-20836-6
- Studies on the origin and history of the German Passion Play of the 13th and 14th centuries. Fink, Munich 1972.
- Homepage at the University of Bamberg (curriculum vitae)
- Literature by and about Rolf Bergmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications by Rolf Bergmann in the OPAC of the Regesta imperii
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German linguist and German mediaevalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 2, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wuppertal|