Roller shutter cutter LS10
|Type:||18 m class glider with flaps|
June 6, 2003
|Number of pieces:||
The LS10 is the latest development from DG Flugzeugbau in Bruchsal, based on the LS10 prototype developed by the former company Rolladen Schneider. Various improvements to this initial development led to the market-ready version of the LS10-s.
The wing is a new development, while the fuselage has largely been taken over from the LS6c . Changes compared to the LS6 are, for example, the serially installed mosquito cleaner garages and the Piggott hook .
All LS10-s were delivered ready for the engine. The tried and tested engine of the LS8-st with the DEI-NT engine control system developed by DG Flugzeugbau was used as a turbo engine in the LS10-st .
With the first prototype of the LS10, Holger Back , production manager and managing director at DG, won the German championship in the 18 m class in 2005. The LS10 is no longer in the DG range in 2018. A total of 19 were produced.
|Parameter||LS10-s 15 m||LS10-st 15 m||LS10-s 18 m||LS10-st 18 m|
|Wingspan including winglets||15 m||18 m|
|Winglet height||0.5 m||?|
|Wing area||10.27 m²||11.45 m²|
|Hull length||6.763 m|
|Empty weight with minimum equipment||288 kg||328 kg||295 kg||335 kg|
|Water ballast||190 l|
|Water ballast fin||10 l|
|Wing division||at 7 m|
|Max. Takeoff mass||540 kg||600 kg|
|Wing loading max.||52.6 kg / m²||52.4 kg / m²|
|Wing loading (80 kg payload)||35.8 kg / m²||39.7 kg / m²||32.8 kg / m²||36.2 kg / m²|
|Top speed||280 km / h|
|Maneuver speed||200 km / h|
|Glide ratio (at 525 kg)||45||50|
|Lowest sink rate (at 420 kg)||0.61||0.51|
|Engine type||2-cylinder 2-stroke|
|Engine power||16.9 kW (23 hp)|
|Fuel tank (hull)||13 l or 17 l|
|best climb||1.3 m / s|
|Propeller diameter||0.5 m|
- dg-flugzeugbau.de: LS10 - development, conception of the new LS10 , accessed on March 12, 2009
- dg-flugzeugbau.de: LS10 , accessed on March 12, 2009
- LS10-s / LS10-st Flight Manual - preliminary. (PDF; 1.3 MB) DG Flugzeugbau GmbH, May 2009, pp. 1–137 , accessed on August 12, 2009 .
- LS10. (PDF) EASA.A.157. In: Type-Certificate Data Sheet. European Aviation Safety Agency , August 25, 2015, accessed April 4, 2018 (English, type certificate of the LS10).
- The new LS 10. (PDF) In: Prospectus. DG Flugzeugbau GmbH, archived from the original on March 15, 2012 ; accessed on April 4, 2018 .