The Space was a discotheque on the Spanish island of Ibiza that existed from 1989 to 2016. Club Hï Ibiza has resided in the premises since 2017 .
The club was founded by Pepe Roselló, who started his club career in 1963 by founding the Playboy Club in San Antonio . After major discos such as Pacha , Amnesia and El Divinio opened in the mid-1980s , he opened Space .
The discotheque was located near Ibiza Town, directly on one of Ibiza's most famous beaches, Playa d'en Bossa with the associated free beach discotheque Bora Bora . The space didn't open until 8:00 a.m. when most of the other clubs were closing. After the Spanish authorities passed stricter laws, the club was only allowed to open at 4:30 p.m. since the 2008 season and the doors closed at 6:00 a.m. There was a large main floor as well as three smaller floors and the centerpiece, the terrace. The sound system came from Funktion-One .
Like the other well-known discos on the island, the club had many series of events with world-famous DJs. We love Space was one of the well-known events that took place every Sunday. Every Tuesday Carl Cox presented another series of parties with Revolution . The German techno club was a guest over the summer of 2000 .
When it closed on October 3, 2016 at 12:12 p.m., the last song played by Carl Cox & Nic Fanciulli was Angie Stone - Wish I didn't miss you (Pound Boys Stoneface Bootleg) .
In May 2017, the modernized Club Hï Ibiza was opened at the same location under the direction of the Ushuaïa crew . Successful events could be continued with star DJs like Martin Garrix , Armin van Buuren or David Guetta . The club was directly voted into the top 5 of the Top100 clubs by British DJ Magazine .
honors and awards
The Space received the Best Global Club award at the International Dance Music Awards of the Winter Music Conference in 2005, 2006 and again in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
In 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017, the space was named the best club in the world by a reader survey by the music magazine DJ Mag .
- ↑ Space Ibiza Scrapbook at djmag.com
- ↑ Ibiza's Infamous Space Club ditches Funktion-One Sound System at essentialinstall.com
- ↑ Carl Cox introduces the space crew at fazemag.de
- ↑ Hï Ibiza at ibiza-spotlight.de
- ↑ Hï biza at djmag.com
- ↑ 20th Annual International Dance Music Awards ( Memento of March 6, 2011 in the Internet Archive ). Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- ↑ 21st Annual International Dance Music Awards ( Memento of October 3, 2011 in the Internet Archive ). Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- ↑ DJ Mag Top 100 Clubs Award . Retrieved October 10, 2018.
Coordinates: 38 ° 53 ′ 9 ″ N , 1 ° 24 ′ 13 ″ E