Pacha is a nightclub with several franchise partners worldwide. The club's logo and identification mark are two cherries linked together.
In 1967 the Spaniard Ricardo Urgell founded the first nightclub in Sitges near Barcelona. The largest and most influential club today is the one in Ibiza . Pacha clubs or series of events also exist in:
The Pacha Ibiza is a nightclub on the Spanish island of Ibiza . The club, which is part of the Pacha franchise chain, was opened in 1973 in a small finca that has been extensively expanded in the years to come.
For decades, the Pacha Ibiza has been the base of many well-known DJs in the dance scene and is still largely shaping the DJ scene today. Events like the “DJ Award” have been taking place in Pacha Ibiza for years.
In the course of the increasing commercialization of tourism on the holiday island of Ibiza, the discotheque became a company. On the island of Ibiza alone, the Pacha group owns several restaurants (including Sa Punta de Talamanca) and a hotel (El Hotel). There is also a Pacha fashion label that a. at the Bread & Butter Berlin fashion fair against the international competition.
The Pacha is located in Ibiza Town in the new Ibiza-Nova district, in the immediate vicinity of the marina. Initially located in an old finca, after some extensions it currently offers space for 3000 people.
The club has become known through popular events such as the parties of the Swedish House Mafia , David Guetta's F *** Me I'm Famous or Erick Morillo's Subliminal Sessions .
Pacha Ibiza is the only one of the big discos that is open all year round.
In 2012, the Pacha group of companies opened the "Lio" variety restaurant, also on the island of Ibiza in the "Ibiza Nueva" marina, only approx. 300 m away from the Pacha disco. This should follow the change in the market, which should meet a higher quality demand for entertainment, especially for people of older age.
The successes of the branches worldwide are fluctuating. With the exception of a few Eastern European PACHA locations, hardly any PACHA branch can match the success of the PACHA Ibiza.
In mid-2016, Pacha founder Ricardo Urgell announced that the PACHA Group with all its licenses and catering and hotel operations is for sale. In February 2017, Trilantic Capital Partners, based in New York, was named as the buyer. The purchase price was € 350 million.
The Pacha Munich was opened in November 2000 by Michi Kern and others as the first Pacha club outside of Spain in the Media Works Munich area on Rosenheimer Straße . In the early 2000s, the media reported about code cards with which celebrities could bypass the entrance control and about an alleged competition among this group of guests with the P1 . After the Pacha Munich became quieter in 2004/2005, the club moved to the former Munich night café on Maximiliansplatz in December 2005 . In 2012 the club was redesigned by the Berlin architects Studio Karhard . Well-known DJs from the techno and house scene such as Sven Väth , DJ Hell , Carl Cox and Monika Kruse regularly play at Pacha Munich . In spring 2020 the club took part in the “ United We Stream ” campaign of the Berlin club scene, which suffered massive losses due to the measures taken against COVID-19 .
- ↑ Pacha: The Rise of the Cherries. In: Max . July 2008, archived from the original on December 2, 2013 ; Retrieved November 27, 2013 .
- ↑ Michi Kern celebrates 12 years of PACHA. In: image . November 28, 2012, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ↑ Where the bear dances. In: Focus . April 9, 2001, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ↑ Between Kir Royal and a mass of beer. In: Der Spiegel . May 30, 2001, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ↑ Sarah Brückl, Alex Wulkow: 15 years under the sign of the red cherry. In: tz . November 20, 2015, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ↑ Pacha: The new Club Feng Shui. In: evening newspaper . April 3, 2013, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ^ Munich Electronic Music Scene. In: tunes & wings. March 13, 2018, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ^ Babba ante portas: The old master's party. In: tz . November 28, 2012, accessed May 7, 2020 .
- ↑ United We Stream homepage. Retrieved April 14, 2020 .