Susanne completed her studies at the Musikhochschule Köln with Pi-hsien Chen . She also received important suggestions from her teachers Peter Feuchtwanger , Aloys Kontarsky , Daniel Blumenthal and Roswitha Gediga . In 1993 she was a winner of the Dortmund Schubert competition. Further competition prizes followed, for example the music prize "MuSieca" from the Ministry of Culture of North Rhine-Westphalia a. v. a.
Susanne Kessel has long-term collaborations with many musicians, composers and artists. She played many world premieres of works that are dedicated to her or that were inspired by her. In 2000 she organized the concert series “Jahr100KlavierStücke” in Bonn together with the composer Michael Denhoff , in which more than 40 pianists presented the piano music of the 20th century in a chronological review in 50 concerts.
Since 2006 Susanne Kessel has been playing in the duo PIANOWAVES with the American composer and drummer Leon Milo . Her repertoire includes works for piano, drums and electronics. They have already given numerous world premieres of works dedicated to them.
- John Cage: Indeterminacy - Oehms Classics (2012), Susanne Kessel & Joachim Król
- To Robert Schumann - fruit label (2010)
- Iceland - Oehms Classics (2008)
- The Californian Concert (Original title: Californian Concert) - Oehms Classics (2006)
- Seven - 20th century septets. Feldman, Cage, Janáček, Denhoff, Stravinski. (2008) Confido
- ... a shadow blows in it ... - fruit label (2006) Robert Schumann on the 150th anniversary of his death
- Blueprint Original Soundtrack - BMG 2 CDs (2004)
- Sounds and Shadows - Piano Works by Michael Denhoff Confido (2002)
- John Cage - Into Silence - fruit label (1989–2002) for John Cage's 90th birthday
- Piano Portrait - Arte Nova / BMG (2000)
- visions - fruit label (1999)
- Piacevole - piano works by Ludwig van Beethoven - Verlag Dohr (1996)
- regards - fruit label (1995)
- Susanne Kessel - official website
- Sound carrier by Susanne Kessel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Susanne Kessel in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Andreas Fasel: The piano player on the film. In: The world . January 11, 2004, accessed January 7, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German pianist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn|