Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
|Take Off Your Pants and Jacket|
|Studio album by blink-182|
|Label (s)||MCA Records|
Signature Sound, Larrabee Studios West, Cello Studios
Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is the fourth studio album by the American pop-punk band blink-182 . It was released on June 21, 2001 on MCA Records . It contains the hit singles The Rock Show , Stay Together for the Kids and First Date . The album stayed at number 1 in the German album charts from June 29 to July 5, 2001.
The band wrote the songs for the entire album within three weeks in their rehearsal room in San Diego . Like the album's predecessor, Enema of the State , they recorded Take Off Your Pants and Jacket in a studio called Signature Sound.
Bassist and singer from blink-182 said in an interview with liveDaily:
"I wouldn't say that it's the same as" Enema of the State ". I would say that it's the next step for Blink-182. "
“I wouldn't say it's the same as Enema of the State. I would say it's the next step for Blink-182. "
Channing Freeman gives the album four out of five points and writes for the online magazine Sputnikmusic :
“If you've never heard Blink-182 before (unlikely), then they're perfect for getting into the [pop-punk] genre. Their music is very catchy and simple and they have introduced a lot of people to the world of music. You will miss them. "
The album received three out of five points on laut.de. The editor Alexander Cordas compares it to easily digestible food and writes that the album is astonishingly good. It is “the little things that immediately catch your eye. A surprising break here, soft lalala choirs there and a good production - which rubs away the pop factor a little - round off the routine. "
Darren Ratner gave the album the second highest rating at Allmusic . He describes it as one of the best work of the band.
- Anthem Part Two - 3:48
- Online Songs - 2:25
- First Date - 2:51
- Happy Holidays, You Bastard - 0:42
- Story of a Lonely Guy - 3:39
- The Rock Show - 2:51
- Stay Together for the Kids - 3:59
- Roller Coaster - 2:47
- Reckless Abandon - 3:06
- Everytime I Look for You - 3:05
- Give Me One Good Reason - 3:18
- Shut Up - 3:20
- Please Take Me Home - 3:05
The album was available in four different versions, on the one hand the original version with the regular track list (see above). The other three versions were each released with a different cover: The Red Take Off Plane -, The Yellow Pants - and The Green Jacket version, each with two songs that are different for each version.
Red Take Off version
- Time to Break Up - 3:05
- Mother's Day - 1:37
Yellow Pants version
- What Went Wrong - 3:13
- Fuck a Dog - 1:25
Green jacket version
- Don't Tell Me It's Over - 2:34
- When You Fucked Grandpa - 1:39
- First date
- The Rock Show
- Stay together for the kids
- Christina Fuoco: liveDaily Interview: Mark Hoppus of Blink-182. liveDaily.com, archived from the original on February 10, 2010 ; accessed on October 2, 2010 (English).
- In the original: If you've never heard Blink-182 before (unlikely), then they are perfect for getting into the genre. Their music is highly accessible and easy on the ears, and they introduced a lot of people to the world of music. They will be missed.
- blink-182 Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
- Alexander Cordas: Against the stick of seriousness in the rear. Review of the album on laut.de. Retrieved October 2, 2010 .
- Darren Ratner: Review on Allmusic. Retrieved October 2, 2010 .
- Charts DE Charts AT Charts CH Charts UK Charts US