Synofzik studied musicology , German literature and philosophy at the University of Cologne as well as historical keyboard instruments at the music academies in Cologne and Brussels. In addition to regular concert activities, CD and radio productions, he worked from 1998 to 2005 as a lecturer at universities in Dortmund , Essen , Cologne, Detmold and Trossingen and was a freelancer for various radio companies. Book publications were devoted to the Schumann - Brahms circle, the music of the early 17th century and the history of interpretation in the 20th century. In initial music publications and research contributions, he also devoted himself in a variety of ways to Johann Sebastian Bach's environment .
Since 2005 he has been director of the Robert Schumann House in Zwickau .
- Letters and documents in the Schumannhaus Bonn-Endenich , Bonn 1993
- Heinrich Grimm. Cantilena est loquela canens. Studies on tradition and composition technique , Eisenach 2000
- Heinrich Bach, Kyrie to six votes , Stuttgart 2001
- Rhenish singers of the 20th century. A documentation in words and sound (together with Susanne Rode-Breymann ), Kassel 2003
- Heinrich Heine - Robert Schumann. Music and irony , 2nd edition, Cologne: Dohr, 2010, ISBN 978-3-936655-77-3
- Cantatas by Alessandro Scarlatti in the Bücken estate of the Cologne University Library , in: Aspetti musicali. Musical historical dimensions of Italy 1600 to 2000. Festschrift for Dietrich Kämper on his 65th birthday , ed. by Norbert Bolin, Christoph von Blumröder and Imke Misch, Cologne: Dohr 2001
- Mendelssohn , Schumann and the problem of male vocal composition , in: Schumanniana nova. Festschrift Gerd Nauhaus for his 60th birthday , Sinzig: Studio-Verlag 2002, pp. 739–766
- The Schumann biography of Wilhelm Joseph von Wasielewski (Dresden 1858) , in: Schumann and Dresden. Report on the symposium “Robert and Clara Schumann in Dresden - biographical, historical composition and socio-cultural aspects” in Dresden from May 15 to 18, 2008 , ed. by Thomas Synofzik and Hans-Günter Ottenberg (= Studies on Dresden Musical Life in the 19th Century , Volume 1), Cologne: Dohr 2010
- Literature by and about Thomas Synofzik in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Thomas Synofzik in the Saxon Bibliography
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musicologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 30, 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dortmund|