Rauchfleisch studied psychology from 1962 to 1967 at the Universities of Kiel and Lubumbashi . He finished his studies with a diploma . From 1967 to 1970 he worked as a clinical psychologist at the Schleswig State Hospital . In 1970 Rauschfleisch received his doctorate from the University of Kiel. From 1970 to 1999 he worked as a clinical psychologist at the University Psychiatric Clinic in Basel . From 1971 to 1981 he trained as a psychoanalyst at the Institute for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy of the German Psychoanalytic Society in Freiburg im Breisgau . In 1978 he was at the University of Basel habilitation and an associate professor nominated for Clinical Psychology.
From 1970 to 1999 he worked as a senior psychologist at the Psychiatric University Polyclinic, University Hospital Basel, and since 1999 initially alongside the professorship in private practice for psychotherapy and counseling. Rauchfleisch also taught at the Psychoanalytic Institute Basel, at the training center for psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
In 2007 Rauchfleisch retired . Since then he has continued to work in his practice.
Udo Rauchfleisch experienced a coming-out himself : "It was a development process over many years until I could live my homosexuality openly." He is the father of three children and several grandchildren and is in very close contact with his former wife.
Rauchfleisch describes his psychotherapeutic work with delinquents and antisocial patients as follows: “An essential reorientation towards the psychotherapy of other patient groups must ultimately also take place with regard to the inclusion of the social dimension. (...) It follows that a therapeutic setting, as I consider it indicated in the treatment of offenders, requires a critical reflection of one's own professional understanding. (...) In fact, I see my treatment concept as a kind of 'psychoanalytic social work' or 'social work psychoanalysis'. ”In psychotherapy, one often has to set limits with offenders, has to be challenged by these clients in a very personal way and shouldn't be afraid to insist on compliance with certain framework conditions.
In addition to the theory and practice of psychoanalysis, Rauchfleisch cites as research topics dissocial / antisocial personalities, violence, test diagnostic methods, music psychology, border areas psychology - theology, homosexuality and transsexuality - transidentity.
- Intercantonal commission to assess the public dangers of criminals in the cantons of Solothurn, Basel-Landschaft and Basel-Stadt
- Project manager of the psychiatry concept Basel-Stadt
- President of the interdisciplinary working group "Intercultural Psychiatry"
- Department of Psychiatry Basel-Stadt
- Commission “Integration” Basel-Stadt
- German Society for Sex Research
- 2011: Science Prize of the Margrit Egnér Foundation on the subject of interpretation and meaning
- Man and music. Attempt to build a bridge between psychology and music. Amadeus, Winterthur 1986, ISBN 978-3-905049-34-3 .
- Child psychological tests. A compendium for paediatricians. Enke, Stuttgart 1991 a. Thieme, Stuttgart 2001, ISBN 3-13-126533-7 .
- Accompaniment and therapy for offenders. Grünewald, Mainz 1991 a. 4th edition Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2013, ISBN 978-3-525-40129-3 .
- Christoph Delz (1950-1993). Edition Gravis, Bad Schwalbach 1999
- People in psychosocial need. Advice, support, therapy ( Vandenhoeck collection ). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1996 a. 2nd edition 2004, ISBN 978-3-525-01431-8 .
- Draw music, listen to music. A psychological approach. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1996, ISBN 978-3-525-01723-4 .
- Outsiders to society. Psychodynamics and possibilities for psychotherapy of offenders. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1999, ISBN 3-525-45843-6 .
- Robert Schumann . A psychoanalytic approach (= Vandenhoeck Collection ). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2004, ISBN 3-525-01627-1 .
- Gays, lesbians, bisexuals: ways of life, prejudice, insights. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2005, ISBN 978-3-525-01425-7 .
- Transsexuality - trans identity . Assessment, support, therapy. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2006 a. 5th edition 2016, ISBN 978-3-647-46270-7 .
- Wise, bold and wise to live: Opportunities and a new beginning in old age. Kreuz, Freiburg im Breisgau 2008, ISBN 978-3-7831-3036-2 .
- My child loves differently. A guide for parents of homosexual children. Patmos, Ostfildern 2012, ISBN 978-3-8436-0212-9 .
- Anne becomes Tom - Klaus becomes Lara. Understand trans identity / transsexuality. Patmos, Ostfildern 2013, ISBN 978-3-8436-0427-7 .
- Transsexualism - Gender dysphoria - Gender incongruence - Transidentity: The difficult way of depathologization. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2019, ISBN 978-3525405161 .
- The death of Medea. Himmelstürmer, Hamburg 2017, ISBN 978-3-86361-599-4 .
- Murder among nice people. Himmelstürmer, Hamburg 2017, ISBN 978-3-86361-656-4 .
- Literature by and about Udo Rauchfleisch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of Udo Rauchfleisch.
- Direction conflict in the Gemüts -Spital on archiv.onlinereports.ch
- Portrait on udorauchfleisch.ch
- Tandem guest - Udo Rauchfleisch: “There are more trans people than you think” SRF.ch of October 10, 2017
- Udo Rauchfleisch: The outpatient treatment of offenders - a challenge for the psychotherapist. In: Norbert Leygraf, Renate Volbert, Hartmuth Horstkotte (eds.): The language of crime. Paths to Clinical Criminology. Festschrift for Wilfried Rasch. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1993, pp. 284-289.
- Topics and award winners 2011 on magritegner.ch
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss clinical psychologist and psychotherapist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 25, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Osnabrück|