Volker Honemann (born September 19, 1943 in Stadelschwarzach ; † January 28, 2017 ) was a German scholar and historian .
After studying German, history and geography in Würzburg and Heidelberg , he initially taught as a high school teacher. In Würzburg he was an assistant from 1971 to 1978. During this time, which was interrupted by a two-year stay at King's College London , he completed the dissertation submitted in 1972 on the Epistola ad fratres de Monte Dei by Wilhelm von Saint-Thierry (printed in 1978). From 1979 he took on a teaching position as an assistant at the Free University of Berlin . With his work on German literature in the lay library of the Basel Charterhouse 1480-1520 , he received his habilitation there in 1983. In 1984 Honemann moved to Göttingen as a professor . In 1992 he was appointed to the chair for German literature of the Middle Ages including medieval comparative literature at the German Institute of the University of Münster . From 1996 to 1999 he was dean of the philology department. Honemann has been the managing director of the German Institute of the University of Münster since 2004.
The main research areas were the Early Middle Ages, the High Middle Ages, the Late Middle Ages and the Early Modern Age (Humanism, Renaissance, Baroque, Enlightenment). He dealt in particular with the German and Latin literature of the Middle Ages and research on humanism. Honemann presented an abundance of near-source studies on lesser-known German and Latin works from the late Middle Ages and humanism. Another focus of Honemann was research into historiography.
- Literary landscapes . Frankfurt am Main u. a. 2008, ISBN 978-3-631-57078-4 (collection of articles).
- Literature by and about Volker Honemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website with a list of publications at the University of Münster
- Anniversary article with biographical information
- Publications by Volker Honemann in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- Entry on germanistenverzeichnis.phil.uni-erlangen.de
- Prof. Dr. Volker Honemann: Obituary notice. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . February 4, 2017. Retrieved February 10, 2017 .
- ↑ Volker Honemann. In: Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar 2003: Volumes I-III. , KG Saur Verlag , 2003, p. 1386, ISBN 3-598-23607-7 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 19, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stadelschwarzach|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 28, 2017|