Ween in 2007: D. Dreiwitz, G. Ween, D. Ween
Ween is a rock band from New Hope , Pennsylvania, formed in 1984 . The music is influenced by country , folk and rock 'n' roll . The lyrics are characterized by irony, malice and flirtatious tastelessness.
The band was founded by singers and guitarists Dean Ween (actually Mickey Melchiondo) and Gene Ween (actually Aaron Freeman), both born in 1970 in New Hope (Pennsylvania) .
Their first album was released seven years after the band was founded. Early demo tapes were distributed through the specially founded record label Bird O'Pray . Since 2006 the band has been with Schnitzel Records Ltd. under contract. The last album La Cucaracha was released in 2007.
Ween are also known to their fans for their long live concerts, which very often last three hours or more. Therefore, there were basically no supporting acts at their concerts. They played their last concert in Germany on May 12, 2008 in Cologne. At the end of May 2012, Gene Ween announced the breakup of the band in Rolling Stone Magazine .
On November 16, 2015, the band's reunion was announced at two concerts on February 12 and 13, 2016 in Colorado. Further concerts were played in the course of 2016 and also announced for 2017.
Other interim band members
- Mean Ween, actually Mark Kramer from the band Bongwater - producer , drums , synth
- Claude Coleman Jr. - drums
- Dave Dreiwitz - bass
- Andrew Weiss - producer , bass etc.
- Glenn McClelland - keyboard
- Gordon Rodnick - Mellotron
- Josh Freese - drums
Early demo tapes and self-produced recordings (1986–1989)
- 1986 - The Crucial Squeegie Lip
- 1987 - Synthetic Socks
- 1987 - Axis: Bold As Boognish
- 1988 - The Live Brain Wedgie / WAD
- 1989 - Prime 5
- 1990 - GodWeenSatan: The Oneness
- 1991 - The Pod
- 1992 - Pure Guava
- 1994 - Chocolate & Cheese
- 1996 - 12 Golden Country Greats
- 1997 - The Mollusk
- 2000 - White Pepper
- 2003 - quebec
- 2005 - Shinola, Vol. 1
- 2007 - La Cucaracha
- 2007 - The Friends EP
- 1999 - Paintin 'The Town Brown: Ween Live 1990-1998
- 2001 - Live In Toronto Canada
- 2002 - Live at Stubb's 7/2000
- 2003 - All Request Live
- 2004 - Live in Chicago (jewel case with 1 CD and 1 DVD)
- 2008 - At the Cat's Cradle, 1992
- 2016 - GodWeenSatan Live
- Buenas Tardes Amigo in the films Lammbock - Alles in Handarbeit (2001) and Mr. Lehmann (2003)
- The HIV Song in Herr Lehmann (2003)
- Ocean Man in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (2004)
- Voodoo Lady in Road Trip (2000) and Dude, where's my car? (2000)
- 1999 - Craters of the Sac - was only released as MP3
- 1997 - Z-Rock Hawaii - Ween with Eye, Yamamoto, Yoshimi and Yoshikawa from the Japanese punk band Boredoms
- 2011 - The Caesar Demos (2001-2003)
In 1991 Mickey Melchiondo founded the side project Moistboyz together with Guy Heller.
- Darren Levin: Aaron Freeman Closes the Book on Ween .
- Internetthe band ( Memento of the original from November 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. jambase.com
- Ween Announces 2017 Summer Tour . Jambase