Blumenberg was the son of a shoemaker. After studying theology in Göttingen from 1883 to 1886, he initially worked as a teacher. In 1889 he became pastor in Hülsede , from 1904 to 1936 he was pastor at the Aegidienkirche in Hanover. In 1924 he became senior of the spiritual city ministry, the college of clergy at the four inner city churches of Hanover (Marktkirche, Aegidienkirche, Kreuzkirche, Schlosskirche). "He spoke Hanoverian flat and was a preacher of great popularity." He was active in the Heimatbund Lower Saxony , the East Asian Mission Association and the Society of Friends of Wilhelm Raabe , with whom he was friends. He was also a member of the DDP , the Hanoverian Masonic Lodge Zur Ceder and father of the social democratic journalist and resistance fighter Werner Blumenberg (1900-1965).
- 1948: Honorary membership in the Lower Saxony Heimatbund
- Named after him: Senior-Blumenberg-Gang near his former parish church St. Aegidien in Hanover.
- Jacobus Sackmann and his time . Geibel, Hanover 1911.
- How the city of Hanover became Protestant 400 years ago . Represented according to simultaneous documents and reports. Publishing house of the Hannover City Church Committee, Hannover 1933.
- Karl-Friedrich Oppermann : Blumenberg, (1) Heinrich August Wilhelm. In: Dirk Böttcher , Klaus Mlynek, Waldemar R. Röhrbein, Hugo Thielen : Hannoversches Biographisches Lexikon . From the beginning to the present. Schlütersche, Hannover 2002, ISBN 3-87706-706-9 , p. 58 and others; online through google books
- Karl-Friedrich Oppermann: Blumenberg, (1) Heinrich August Wilhelm. In: Klaus Mlynek, Waldemar R. Röhrbein (eds.) U. a .: City Lexicon Hanover . From the beginning to the present. Schlütersche, Hannover 2009, ISBN 978-3-89993-662-9 , p. 69.
- Karl-Friedrich Oppermann: Blumenberg, (1) Heinrich August Wilhelm. In: Hannoversches biographisches Lexikon , p. 58 and others; online through google books
- Karl-Friedrich Oppermann: Blumenberg, Wilhelm. In: Hannoversches Biographisches Lexikon , p. 58
- Karin van Schwartzenberg (responsible): Graves of honor and graves of important personalities at the Engesohde town cemetery , A3 leaflet with overview sketch, ed. from the City of Hanover, The Lord Mayor, Department of Environment and Urban Greenery, Department of Urban Cemeteries, Department of Administration and Customer Service, Hanover, 2012
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Blumenberg, Heinrich August Wilhelm|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Protestant theologian and pastor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 22, 1863|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 9, 1949|
|Place of death||Hanover|