Know before eight
|Original title||Know before eight|
|Country of production||Germany|
|Year (s)||since 2008|
|length||about 2 minutes|
|Mondays to Thursdays|
|Theme music||Ludwig Eckmann|
|First broadcast||March 11, 2008 on Das Erste|
Knowledge before eight is an information broadcast in the first . The initiator and moderator is the science journalist Ranga Yogeshwar ; Vince Ebert , Anja Reschke , Susanne Holst and Thomas D cover further subject areas .
In “Know Before Eight” Yogeshwar tries to explain a special topic in the shortest possible time. One episode lasts 145 seconds and should therefore fit into the program structure before the daily news, in which the following programs are also of a similar length. The first episode of “Knowledge Before Eight” aired on Tuesday, March 11, 2008. So far (as of April 3, 2012) a total of 662 episodes of these "snippets of information" have been broadcast since broadcasting began.
The broadcast is recorded in the old steam engine hall of the start-up and technology center in Solingen and enhanced with elaborately produced multimedia effects, all kinds of props and film recordings.
The audience ratings for the first few programs were rather disappointing. It may not be the program itself that is responsible for this, but the advertising environment. Since the show itself is hardly longer than a commercial, it is barely noticed or simply missed within this environment. With 15 minutes to the news, she is too far away from her in time to benefit from her much higher rate. “Knowledge before eight” can be subscribed to as a podcast on the Internet, which, in contrast to television broadcasts, is very popular.
On the occasion of the series, the book “Any other questions? Why women have cold feet and other puzzles of everyday life ”as well as a CD of the same name by Ranga Yogeshwar, which deal with the questions from the broadcasts as well as new questions. On the following volume “Oh! Why the apple falls from the tree and other riddles of everyday life ”(again by Yogeshwar) a CD of the same name was also released.
From October 17, 2011, “Knowledge before eight” appeared in a new form. The previous episodes with Yogeshwar were supplemented by the section “Workshop” with Vince Ebert and “Future” with Anja Reschke, supported by Adrian Pflug . “Knowledge before eight - workshop” in the industrial railway museum Cologne-Longerich and “knowledge before eight - future” in the Cinegate Studio Cologne.
From January 20, 2012 to June 8, 2012, the broadcasting slot was postponed to Fridays, as Gottschalk Live occupied the broadcasting slot on Mondays-Thursdays . Since June 11, 2012, after Gottschalk Live was discontinued, the program has been broadcast on the old slot again.
On July 4, 2013, the first shipment from the new themed nature has been called "knowledge eight - Nature" with Thomas D broadcast.
On May 6, 2014, the first program from the new subject area Human as “Knowledge before eight - Human” with Susanne Holst followed .
The following are some examples of topics that have already been dealt with in "Knowledge before eight":
- Any other questions ?: Why women have cold feet and other puzzles , book, ISBN 978-3462041088
- Any other questions ?: Why women have cold feet and elephants have big ears , CD, ISBN 978-3941168169
- Official website of the broadcast
- Know before eight with Ranga Yogeshwar
- Know before eight in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- YouTube channel of knowledge eight - News from the workshop
- GEMA works no .: 10122024-001
- daserste.de: All programs with Ranga Yogeshwar (accessed on December 19, 2013)
- Machine hall ( Memento from August 1, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- Knowing before 8, the machine hall as the shooting location ( Memento from February 26, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- quotemeter.de : ARD: No chance for new knowledge bites , March 12, 2008
- DWDL.de: ARD: Also "Knowledge before 8" with a meager rate
- Oh! ( Memento from July 17, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- daserste.de: Background and transmission schedule (accessed December 19, 2013)
- ARD program: “Knowledge before eight” has to give way to Gottschalk. October 16, 2011, accessed July 18, 2012 .
- daserste.de: Airtime ( Memento from April 16, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Nibo: Thomas D strengthens "Knowledge before eight - nature" in the ARD . T-Online . June 17, 2013. Retrieved September 12, 2013.
- Susanne Holst - Knowledge before eight - human . ARD . Retrieved August 16, 2014.