Education, job, private life
Vince Ebert grew up in Amorbach in Lower Franconia . Because he was a fan of Vince Weber at the age of 14 , he was called "Vince" by his classmates. After his military service with the telecommunications force , he studied physics at the Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg from 1988 to 1994 with a focus on experimental solid-state physics and with astronomy as a minor. In 1994 he graduated with a degree in physics.
From 1995 to 1997 Vince Ebert worked as a consultant at the management consultancy Ogilvy & Mather Dataconsult in Frankfurt am Main . It was here that he discovered his talent for cabaret at Powerpoint presentations. From 1997 to 2001 he worked as a strategic planner at the advertising agency Publicis in Frankfurt.
In 1994 he became the Bavarian champion in beach volleyball .
In 1998 Vince Ebert made his first attempts at cabaret on various cabaret stages. His first solo program The now really big show premiered in 2001 in the Neues Theater Höchst. He was discovered by Susanne Herbert, Eckart von Hirschhausen's manager . His first science cabaret program was directed by Eckart von Hirschhausen: "Big Bang - Physics is sexy". The first performance took place in 2004 in the Frankfurt "Käs". Although he is an atheist, he appeared at the Protestant Church Congress in Hamburg in 2013. Vince Ebert has been touring Germany, Austria and Switzerland with his seventh solo program Zukunft is the Future since September 2016 .
In 2014 he started the Schlau hoch 2 program with Eric Mayer - Vince and Eric travel to the stars , a knowledge show for families. In his humorous work he takes up scientific relationships.
- 2001–2003: The really big show now
- 2003–2004: Everything lied (Director: Mathias Repiscus)
- 2004–2007: Big Bang - Physics is sexy (Director: Eckart von Hirschhausen )
- 2007–2010: Thinking pays off (Director: Eckart von Hirschhausen)
- 2011–2013: Freedom is everything (Director: Eckart von Hirschhausen)
- 2013–2016: Evolution (Director: Jim Libby)
- 2014–2016: Schlau hoch 2 - Vince and Eric travel to the stars (with Eric Mayer)
- from 2016: Zukunft is the Future (Director: Jim Libby)
- from 2018: Sexy Science (English program)
Vince Ebert also moderates events such as the “Felix Burda Award”, the “Brand Gala” or the annual reception of the ThyssenKrupp Ideas Park (co-moderation with Thomas Gottschalk). As keynote channel speaker, he lectures on scientific and economic issues, for example, when Alpensymposium or stages of knowledge (Speaker of the House). Since 2016 also in English.
Vince Ebert appears in various TV shows, for example the Midnight Peak (WDR), TV total (ProSieben) and is also a regular guest in talk shows such as Markus Lanz (ZDF), the NDR Talkshow and the Kölner Treff (WDR).
Between 2009 and 2011, Vince Ebert appeared as a "guest lecturer" in the WDR program Der third Bildungsweg , which was moderated by Jürgen Becker during this time . In 2012 he took over the moderation for a season together with Eckart von Hirschhausen .
Since 2011, Ebert has been presenting the program Wissen vor Acht - Werkstatt on ARD , where he explains interesting physical relationships in less than three minutes.
- 2008: think for yourself! Otherwise others will do it for you. Rowohlt Verlag, ISBN 978-3-499-62386-8
- 2011: free yourself! Otherwise nobody will do it for you. Rowohlt Taschenbuchverlag, Reinbek near Hamburg 2011, ISBN 978-3-499-62651-7 .
- 2013: stay curious. Rowohlt, ISBN 978-3-499-63043-9 .
- 2016: unpredictable. Why life is too complex to plan perfectly Rowohlt Polaris, Reinbek, ISBN 978-3-499-63112-2 .
- Sound carrier
- 2003: The really big show now (live recording of the stage program)
- 2005: Big Bang - Physics is sexy (live recording of the stage program)
- 2008: Thinking is worth it (Eichborn Verlag, live recording of the stage program)
- 2008: think for yourself! Otherwise others will do it for you (Eichborn Verlag, live reading)
- 2011: Freedom is everything (Eichborn Verlag, live recording of the stage program)
- 2011: free yourself! Otherwise nobody will do it for you (the publisher, live reading)
- 2014: Evolution (the audio publisher, live recording of the stage program)
- 2016: Unpredictable (the Hörverlag, live recording of the stage program)
- 2017: Zukunft ist the Future (the Hörverlag, live recording of the stage program), ISBN 978-3844526004
- 2007–2009: Frankfurter Neue Presse , weekly column Funny and True
- 2008-2018: Absatzwirtschaft , monthly column Marketing Life
- since 2009: NovoArgumente
- 2009–2011: Frankfurter Rundschau , weekly column Think for yourself
- 2011–2012: monthly column in Prinz Magazin
- since 2013: Guest contributions in the spectrum Neo
- 2013–2017: weekly column in Focus magazine
- since 2015: Blog of the Rechnen Foundation
- since 2016: two-week column on Spektrum.de
- 1999: Bielefeld Cabaret Prize 2nd place
- 2002: Cabaret Cactus
- 2003: Bavarian cabaret award in the high- flyer category
- 2007: Springboard ( Handelsblatt sponsorship award )
Vince Ebert is the patron of the Galileum Solingen . He also supports the “Youth for Technology” initiative of the Technoseum in Mannheim as a patron. He is also committed as an ambassador for the MINT Future Creation Initiative and the Rechnen Foundation for the idea of imparting more basic mathematical and scientific knowledge.
- Literature by and about Vince Ebert in the catalog of the German National Library
- Interview in: Die Zeit from April 7, 2012
- Official website of Vince Ebert
- "... meanwhile also speaker ...", MvH meets: Vince Ebert in: Die Weltwoche , edition 5/2016; Self-presentation
- Interview with Vince Ebert: “Stone Age people in Hugo Boss suits.” In: Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung , April 17, 2014.
- Nicole Brevoord: Three comedians board the reading tent . Journal Frankfurt , October 12, 2012, accessed on September 29, 2014 .
-  ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Bavarian beach volleyball history
- Thomas Reunert, "Stone Age People in Hugo Boss Suits"
- Vince Ebert: Freedom is everything. ( Memento from February 29, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- SCHLAU HOCH 2 - A knowledge show for the whole family. Retrieved August 15, 2017 .
- Swiss Month: "Einstein would turn around in his grave" , April 2011.
- TEDx Talks: Why success is not predictable | Vince Ebert | TEDxHHL. November 11, 2015, accessed August 15, 2017 .
- Rowohlt books: Vince Ebert: Free yourself! - Otherwise nobody will do it for you
- Vince Ebert. In: Marketing. Retrieved February 22, 2019 .
- Vince Ebert. In: Focus Online. Retrieved February 22, 2019 .
- Vince Ebert. In: Summa. Retrieved February 22, 2019 .
- Vince Ebert. Retrieved February 22, 2019 .
- Vince Ebert is the patron of the Galileum! Retrieved November 26, 2017 (German).
- Youth for technology - prominent support. Retrieved November 26, 2017 (German).
- Vince Ebert - Social engagement. Retrieved November 26, 2017 (German).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ebert, Holger|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German cabaret artist, author, physicist and presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 23, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Miltenberg|