Wolfgang Einsiedler (born May 11, 1945 in Aitrang ; † February 21, 2019 in Schwabach ) was a German primary school didactic and empirical educational researcher . From 1981 to 2005 he held the chair for elementary school education and didactics at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg .
After attending elementary school and the Carl-von-Linde-Gymnasium in Kempten (Allgäu) , Einsiedler completed a teaching degree at the Augsburg University of Education and, after successfully completing this, worked as a teacher in Heising. Because he completed a doctoral program with the subjects pedagogy , psychology and sociology at the University of Munich and received his doctorate 1975 . He then worked as a research assistant and as a lecturer at the universities in Augsburg and Munich. In 1978 he was appointed to a chair for school education by the University of Hanover . From 1981 until his retirement in 2005 he held the chair for elementary school education and didactics and headed the institute for elementary school research at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
In Nuremberg, Wolfgang Einsiedler had the following main areas of work: Empirical research on teaching methods (including quasi-experimental studies on knowledge representation), developmental psychological research on children's play (including fantasy play with variants of toys, influence of play on learning), research on initial reading concepts ( phonological awareness , development of Diagnostic and training materials), subject teaching at elementary school , research summaries and reviews for specialist journals, ministries of education, federal-state commission for educational planning and research funding , educational reports from the Max Planck Institute for Human Development .
Book publications took place u. a. on school pedagogy, teaching factors, teaching methods, elementary school concepts, children's games, didactic development research, history of primary school pedagogy .
- Teaching strategies and learning success. An investigation into teaching objective and student-oriented research. Weinheim / Basel 1976, ISBN 3-407-54027-2 .
- Forms of work in modern material teaching in elementary schools. Justification, description, lesson structure. 7th edition. Donauwörth 1978, ISBN 3-403-00252-7 .
- Teaching methods. Problems and results of teaching method research. Munich u. a. 1981, ISBN 3-541-41411-1 .
- Children's game. On the pedagogy and psychology of children's play. 3. Edition. Bad Heilbrunn 1999, ISBN 3-7815-0977-X .
- Lesson development and didactic development research. Bad Heilbrunn 2011, ISBN 978-3-7815-1794-3 .
- Standards and research strategies in empirical primary school research. (together with Maria Fölling-Albers, Helga Kelle and Katrin Lohrmann). Münster 2013, ISBN 978-3-8309-2833-1 .
- Handbook of Primary School Pedagogy and Primary School Didactics. (together with Margarete Götz and Hartmut Hacker). 4th, revised edition. UTB. ISBN 978-3-8252-8577-7 .
- History of primary school education - developments in West Germany and the GDR. Bad Heilbrunn 2015, ISBN 978-3-7815-2017-2 .
- Commemorative page by Wolfgang Einsiedler. Retrieved February 23, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German primary school teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 11, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aitrang|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 21, 2019|
|Place of death||Schwabach|