Wolfgang Lippert (botanist)
Wolfgang Lippert (born September 26, 1937 in Nördlingen ; † June 20, 2018 in Gröbenzell ) was a German botanist . The focus of his scientific work was on the sociology of alpine plant communities and the systematics of European mountain plants. Its botanical author abbreviation is " W.Lippert ".
Lippert studied biology, chemistry and geography from 1958 to 1966. In 1966 he received his doctorate from the University of Munich with his thesis The Plant Societies of the Berchtesgaden Nature Reserve . Initially as an assistant at the Institute for Systematic Botany at the University of Munich, he joined the Botanical State Collections in Munich in 1967 . There he became a museum assessor in 1969 and a conservator in 1971. From 1977 to 2002 he was chief curator of the Department of Vascular Plants of the Botanical State Collection in Munich.
In addition, he was chairman and editor of the Bavarian Botanical Society for many years . He had particularly to the genera Alchemilla and Crataegus rendered outstanding
honors and awards
- Honorary Chairman of the Bavarian Botanical Society
- Honorary member of the Bavarian Botanical Society
- Honorary member of the Regensburg Botanical Society
- Honorary member of the Czech Botanical Society
- Bearer of the Munich medal lights
- Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2009)
- Namesake of the " Astragalus lippertii Maassoumi et Podlech"
- Lippert, Wolfgang. In: Communications from the Botanical State Collection, Munich. Volume 26/27, 1988, p. 347 ( digitized version ).
- Matthias Breitfeld, Eduard Hertel, Angelika Baumann: The Florenwerke Germany. Works and authors. Digital special volume of the reports of the Bavarian Botanical Society , 2017 (800 pages).
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Lippert in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Lippert (botanist) in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Search for "Wolfgang Lippert" in the German Digital Library
- Author entry and list of the plant names described for Wolfgang Lippert (botanist) at the IPNI
- List of publications on the website of the University of Munich
- Wolfgang Lippert's notice , Süddeutsche Zeitung, July 4, 2018.
- Walter Erhardt among others: The great pikeperch. Encyclopedia of Plant Names . Volume 2. Verlag Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-8001-5406-7 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German botanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 26, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nordlingen|
|DATE OF DEATH||20th June 2018|
|Place of death||Munich|