Amaury Sports Organization
The Amaury Sport Organization (ASO) is a French company based in Issy-les-Moulineaux in the Hauts-de-Seine department that specializes in the organization and management of large sports events. The company, founded in 1992, is a subsidiary of the French Groupe Amaury, which publishes the sports newspaper L'Équipe and the newspaper Le Parisien , among others . The company is owned by the Amaury family and Marie-Odile Amaury is the president.
The ASO is accessible to a wider public primarily through the organization of the Tour de France cycle race , via “Unipublic” of the Vuelta a España and classic one-day races ( Paris – Roubaix , Liège – Bastogne – Liège , Eschborn – Frankfurt , La Flèche Wallonne , Paris – Tours ) known. In addition, the ASO is organizing the stage race Paris-Nice , Critérium du Dauphiné , the Tour de l'Avenir , you Faso Tour , Tour of Catalonia , Tour of Germany , Tour de Yorkshire , Tour of Oman , Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta (women) and Arctic Race of Norway . In addition, the women's race La Course by Le Tour de France has been taking place alongside the Tour de France since 2014 . The most important ASO races that were no longer held were the individual time trial Grand Prix des Nations until 2004 and the Critérium International until 2016 as well as the Tour of Qatar .
The company also organizes the Dakar Rally , the Marathon de Paris , the Semi de Paris and tournaments in golf and equestrian sports . From 2009 to 2011 the ASO was the organizer of the Silk Road rally .
- Amaury Sport Organization (ASO)
- Tour de France. A first-rate marketing machine , FAZ , July 21, 2005
- The owners of the Tour de France. Retrieved September 9, 2019 .
- Simon MacMichael: Tour de France owners ASO take full control of Vuelta . In: road.cc . March 23, 2014 ( road.cc [accessed September 22, 2017]).
- ASO - Amaury Sport Organization: ASO to take a break from the Silk Way Rally in 2012: ASO In: www.aso.fr. Retrieved July 20, 2016 .