Annette von Droste Hülshoff Prize
The Annette von Droste Hülshoff Prize is a literary prize awarded by the Regional Association of Westphalia-Lippe . This award, named after the Westphalian writer Annette von Droste-Hülshoff (1797–1848), supports writers who “live or were born in Westphalia and who have performed outstandingly”.
The award was preceded by the National Socialist Westphalian Literature Prize .
Westphalian Literature Prize
The biennial Westphalian Literature Prize was donated in 1934 by the National Socialist Governor of the Province of Westphalia, Karl-Friedrich Kolbow , and awarded until 1943. One of the initiators of the award was the National Socialist writer and cultural functionary Josef Bergenthal . An advisory board to which Bergenthal belonged as a representative of the Reich Propaganda Office, i.e. the Propaganda Ministry, prepared the award. From 1942 on, the Propaganda Minister had to give the explicit approval before the award. The prize money was RM 10,000.
The lavish prize was a “cultural-political instrument” and was given to authors who were loyal to the regime.
- 1935 Josefa Berens-Totenohl
- 1937 Maria Kahle
- 1939 Karl Wagenfeld
- 1941 Heinrich Luhmann
- 1943 Christine Koch
- 1945 no award
Annette von Droste Hülshoff Prize
The Annette von Droste Hülshoff Prize, which is usually awarded every two to three years, is one of five awards that the Regional Association of Westphalia-Lippe has given artists and researchers since 1946. The other prizes are the Konrad von Soest Prize (Westphalian Art Prize), which has been awarded every two years since 1952 , the Hans Werner Henze Prize (Westphalian Music Prize), which has been awarded every six years since 1959 , and the Karl , which has been awarded every three years since 1979 -Zuhorn Prize and the sponsorship prize for Westphalian regional studies, which has been awarded annually since 1983 . The funding amount is € 12,800 (as of 2020).
- 1946 Augustin Wibbelt , Margarete Windthorst
- 1947–1952 no award
- 1953 Adolf von Hatzfeld , Josef Winckler
- 1955 Paul Schallück , Walter Vollmer
- 1957 Ernst Meister
- 1961 Anton Aulke
- 1963 Friedrich Sieburg
- 1967 Willy Kramp
- 1969 Josef Reding
- 1973 Wolfgang Körner
- 1975 no award
- 1979 Peter Rühmkorf
- 1981 Max von der Grün
- 1985 Hans Georg Bulla
- 1987 Harald Hartung
- 1991 Jenny Aloni
- 1993 Ralf Thenior
- 1997 Sarah Kirsch
- 1999 Ludwig Homann
- 2003 Hans-Ulrich Treichel
- 2005 Wiglaf Droste
- 2008 Tilman Rammstedt
- 2010 Jürgen Banscherus
- 2012 Judith Kuckart
- 2015 Cornelia Funke
- 2017 Sabrina Janesch
- 2020 Michael Roes
Another Droste Prize
The Droste Prize of the city of Meersburg is also awarded in honor of the poet.
- Jochen Grywatsch , Eva Poensgen (ed.): The Annette von Droste Hülshoff Prize 1953–2015. A documentation (= publications of the literature commission for Westphalia. 69). Aisthesis, Bielefeld 2016, ISBN 978-3-8498-1191-4 .
- Volker Dahm: Cultural-political centralism and landscape-local cultural maintenance. In: Horst Möller , Andreas Wirsching , Walter Ziegler (eds.): National Socialism in the Region. Munich 1996, p. 130 ff.
- Peter Bürger: The völkisch wing of the Sauerland homeland movement. About Josefa Berens-Totenohl, Georg Nellius, Lorenz Pieper and Maria Kahle - at the same time a contribution to the street name debate. Eslohe 2013, p. 65 f., See also:  .
- Karl Ditt : The Westphalian Literature Prize in the Third Reich, The promotion of Westphalian writers between literature, home and party politics. In: Westfälische Forschungen 42 (1992), pp. 324-345.
- Press release of the Association of Westphalia-Lippe from September 13, 2010
- Press release from the Westphalia-Lippe Regional Association of July 6, 2012
- Press release of the Association of Westphalia-Lippe from September 10, 2015