Nünnerich-Asmus studied Classical Archeology, Ancient History, and Prehistory and Early History at the Universities of Münster and Cologne . In 1992 she was in Cologne with a dissertation on the basilica and portico. The architecture of the porticoed halls as an expression of changed urbanity in the late republic and early imperial times is doing his doctorate. She then worked at the Madrid department of the German Archaeological Institute as a research assistant, then as a postdoctoral fellow at the Rhineland Regional Council for the preparation of Roman wall paintings in Xanten . This was followed by participation in the graduate college of the University of Cologne with the research project Sanctuaries on the Iberian Peninsula at the time of Romanization . As an archaeologist, Nünnerich-Asmus mainly deals with the archeology of the Roman Empire and its provinces . In particular, she is a specialist in Roman Hispania .
In mid-1997 Nünnerich-Asmus became editor-in-chief of the magazine Antike Welt at the Philipp von Zabern publishing house in Mainz , which she has been managing since 2002, succeeding Franz Rutzen . During this time she initiated new book series and redesigned the ancient world . She actively accompanied many of the book publications of the publishing house, which specializes in archaeological and cultural-historical works, and often took on the editing or editing of works. Nünnerich-Asmus remained in the position of managing director until June 2010. Until the end of 2010, she was also a representative of the regional associations on the board of the German Book Trade Association . Here she was followed by Helmut Stadeler , at Zabern Verlag Jürgen Kron . The editorial team of the magazine Antike Welt remained in her hands until the end of the year; Holger Kieburg followed Nünnerich-Asmus . She is also deputy chairwoman of the Association of Friends of Book Studies at the Mainz Institute for Book Studies . She has been a member of the Board of Trustees of the Friends of Mainz University since 2001, of the Board of Trustees of the Gerd and Margarethe Krämmer Foundation since 2004, of the Board of Trustees of the Friends of Antiquity on Museum Island Berlin and the Board of Trustees of the Kulturfonds Mainzer Wirtschaft since 2009 . From 2006 to 2010 she was a member of the board of the Mozart Society in Wiesbaden , from 2004 to 2008 chairwoman of the Friends' Association of the Landesmuseum Mainz and from 2005 to 2011 chairwoman of the regional association of publishers and booksellers in Rhineland-Palatinate. From 2001 to 2006 Nünnerich-Asmus was also a co-opted member of the board of the Roman Mainz initiative .
From January to December 2011, Nünnerich-Asmus was managing director of Wienand Verlag in Cologne . In April 2012 she founded her own publishing house, Nünnerich-Asmus Verlag & Media GmbH , based in Mainz.
- Basilica and portico. The architecture of the porticoed halls as an expression of changed urbanity in the late republic and early imperial times . Böhlau, Köln-Weimar-Wien 1994, ISBN 3-412-09593-1 (work on archeology).
- Sanctuaries and Romanization in the Iberian Peninsula. Reflections on religion and cultural identity . von Zabern, Mainz 1999, ISBN 3-8053-2593-2 .
- Editor: Traian. An emperor of superlatives at the beginning of a period of upheaval . von Zabern, Mainz 2002, ISBN 3-8053-2780-3 ( Ancient World , special volume / Zabern's illustrated books on archeology )
- Literature by and about Annette Nünnerich-Asmus in the catalog of the German National Library
- Annette Nünnerich-Asmus becomes managing director of Wienand Verlag
- Börsenverein: Helmut Stadeler succeeds Dr. Annette Nünnerich-Asmus
- Dr. Jürgen Kron becomes managing director of the Philipp von Zabern Verlag ( Memento from December 4, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Association of Friends of Book Studies ( Memento from October 25, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- Annette Nünnerich-Asmus founds a publishing house
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical archaeologist, publicist and publishing director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|