Bettina Reitz (born July 14, 1962 in Frankfurt am Main ) is a German media manager , film producer and television editor . Since October 1, 2015 she has been President of the University of Television and Film Munich .
Reitz studied German, theater, film and television studies as well as psychology in Frankfurt with a master's degree. She worked as a freelancer for Hessischer Rundfunk , assistant director to Franz Peter Wirth , among others, as well as producer, author and director of documentaries for WDR and RIAS-TV Berlin, among others . Between 1988 and 1990 Bettina Reitz was an editor at Hessischer Rundfunk. From 1991 to 1997 she worked as a television and cinema editor at the main editorial department of the ZDF television game and since 1993 as deputy editor-in-chief before moving to Munich in 1995 for the ZDF. In 1999 she was a founding member of teamWorx together with Nico Hofmann , where she worked as a producer on Christian Petzold's films Toter Mann und Wolfsburg , among others . From 2003 to 2011 Reitz was the head of the program area for feature film series at Bayerischer Rundfunk. The numerous award-winning productions, for which she was also editorially responsible, include Maria's Last Journey and the Oscar- nominated films Sophie Scholl - The Last Days and The White Ribbon . In May 2011 she became managing director at Degeto Film , where she was in charge of production. As of June 1, 2012, she took up her position as the television director of Bayerischer Rundfunk, succeeding Gerhard Fuchs (the appointment was made in December 2011). During her time at Bayerischer Rundfunk and Degeto, Reitz was responsible for three Oscar-winning productions: 2007 The Lives of Others by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, 2012 Amour by Michael Haneke and 2015 Citizenfour by Laura Poitras. In November 2012 she was appointed honorary professor at the University of Television and Film Munich (HFF), and on June 19, 2015, the University Council elected her as the new President of the HFF. Reitz is the first full-time president of the university. She took up her position at the HFF on October 1, 2015, and at the same time gave up her position as television director for Bayerischer Rundfunk. In 2016 Reitz was appointed jury chairwoman for the Baden-Baden television film festival for three years. Bettina Reitz is currently a member of the jury of the Bavarian Television Prize, the Bavarian Film Prize and the Carl Laemmle Producer Prize.
Reitz is a member of the German Academy of Performing Arts , the German and the European Film Academy . In 2012 she was accepted as an honorary member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts . In 2016, she was also elected Vice President of the German Academy of Performing Arts.
Awards & honors
In 2009 Bettina Reitz was awarded the Hans Abich Prize for special merits in the field of television film.
In 2016 she received the State Medal for special services to the Bavarian economy.
- Bettina Reitz in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Bettina Reitz at filmportal.de
- Working as a producer in the Zweiausendeins.de film dictionary
- DLF (Deutschlandfunk) nuances. Music and personal questions from January 17, 2016: Bettina Reitz, President of the University of Television and Film in Munich, in conversation with Barbara Schäfer
- Change: Bettina Reitz goes to the Degeto. Bayerischer Rundfunk, March 30, 2011, accessed October 1, 2015 .
- Bettina Reitz - Dahoam again soon. Bayerischer Rundfunk, December 8, 2011, accessed October 1, 2015 .
- Bettina Reitz new honorary professor at the HFF Munich. (PDF; 16.0 kB) (No longer available online.) University of Television and Film Munich, November 2012, archived from the original on October 1, 2015 ; accessed October 1, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Art Minister Dr. Ludwig Spaenle appoints Professor Bettina Reitz as the first full-time president of the University of Television and Film Munich. Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Culture, Science and Art, September 18, 2015, accessed on October 1, 2015 .
- Andreas Bönte becomes acting television director - Bettina Reitz changes to the HFF. Bayerischer Rundfunk, September 30, 2015, accessed on October 1, 2015 .
- Members. German Academy of Performing Arts, accessed on May 1, 2011 .
- Members. (No longer available online.) German Film Academy, archived from the original on May 22, 2013 ; Retrieved May 1, 2011 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Members. European Film Academy, accessed May 1, 2011 .
- New members 2012. (220 kB) Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts, p. 3 , accessed on October 1, 2015 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German media manager, film producer and television editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 14, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|