Bruno Primetshofer grew up in Attnang-Puchheim . After graduating from high school in Gmunden , he first studied law in Innsbruck . In 1948 he joined the Redemptorist religious order and studied philosophy and Catholic theology at the religious school in Mautern in Styria . He made his perpetual profession on November 21, 1952. After his ordination on July 18, 1954 in Mautern, he was initially a student father and novice associate. From 1955 to 1958 he attended a church law doctorate studies at the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome and was with a study on marriage and the Concordat to Dr. iur. can. PhD.
He was lecturer for canon law and liturgy in Mautern (1958–1972) and completed his habilitation in 1967 at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Vienna . From 1967 he taught canon law and ecclesiastical legal history at the University for Social and Economic Sciences in Linz, which was newly founded in 1966 and was appointed full professor in 1972. From 1974 to 1975 he was dean of the law faculty of the renamed Johannes Kepler University Linz .
In 1982 he was appointed to succeed Alexander Dordett as professor for canon law at the University of Vienna , where he was also dean of the Catholic Theological Faculty. In 1997 he retired. His successor was Ludger Müller in 2000 . He was visiting professor at the Péter Pázmány University in Budapest and taught religious and marriage law in Heiligenkreuz (Lower Austria) .
In 1967 he became a defender of the marriage bond (Defensor vinculi) at the Episcopal Diocesan Court in Linz. From 1970 he was a full member of the Vienna Catholic Academy and in 1975 he became a member of the Theological Commission of Austria. From 2002 to 2012 Primetshofer was also vice-official and later court president of the archbishop's diocesan and metropolitan court in the Archdiocese of Vienna . For 10 years he was consultor on questions of canon law in the Roman Curia.
Bruno Primetshofer was a long-standing provincial consultor and provincial vicar (1969–1978 and 1981–1987) and rector of the monasteries in Mautern (1967–1972), Puchheim (1981–1984) and Maria am Gestade (1987–1993 and 1996–2002).
Primetshofer has written numerous publications, including standard works in the field of religious law, the Concordat and marriage law.
- Appointment to the consistorial council
- Cardinal Innitzer Prize for the dissertation on "Marriage and Concordat" published in 1960
- Honorary doctorate Dr. theol. hc of the Catholic Theological University Linz (2009)
- Ring of honor in his hometown Attnang-Puchheim
- The appointment of bishops in Austria, Germany and Switzerland , Herder 1996, OCLC 80678168 .
- Ordensrecht: On the basis of the Codex Iuris Canonici 1983 taking into account the national law of the Federal Republic of Germany, Austria and Switzerland , Druck- und Verlagshaus Rombach 2003 (4th edition), ISBN 3793093549
- Church property, its administration and representation: Handout for practice , Verlag Österreich 2010 (2nd edition), ISBN 3704661414 , together with Helmuth Pree
- Literature by and about Bruno Primetshofer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Entry on Bruno Primetshofer on Orden online
- Viennese canon lawyer Bruno Primetshofer dies
- Obituary notice
|Roman Catholic religious and theologian, professor of canon law
|DATE OF BIRTH
|January 12, 1929
|PLACE OF BIRTH
|Linz , Upper Austria
|DATE OF DEATH
|March 26, 2014
|Place of death