Democracy in motion
|Democracy in motion|
|Party leader||Franka Kretschmer , Guido Drehsen|
|Federal Treasurer||Andreas Bergen|
|Emergence||from a petition on change.org|
|founding||April 29, 2017|
|Place of foundation||Berlin|
|Headquarters||Lola-Fischel-Strasse 18, 30173 Hanover|
Pro-European politics of
|Number of members||410|
|Proportion of women||34%|
Democracy in Movement ( DiB ) is a small party in Germany . The basis for founding the party was a petition on change.org , in which the initiators promised to run as a party in the federal election in September 2017 if the petition had at least 100,000 signatures. After this goal was achieved, the Democracy in Motion party was founded on April 29, 2017 in Berlin.
In the basic program, the party invokes the four basic values:
- Democracy, participation, transparency
- Justice in social, political, economic and environmental issues
- Open-mindedness and diversity
- Future orientation and sustainability
Campaign demands for the 2017 federal election were adopted at the 2nd federal party conference on August 27, 2017 in Cologne. The content for this was developed on a grassroots basis with the initiative principle and proposed to the federal party congress for a final vote. Central to the party is a code of ethics, which lays down a series of rules of conduct for party members, “movers” and advocates (members of parliament).
The party has given itself a quota for women and diversity in its statutes .
The cornerstones of the party are anchored in the basic program. The party differentiates between regular members within the meaning of the party law, "movers", who operate a permanent program development on the so-called marketplace of ideas , but do not have to be a member and also do not pay membership fees, and the advocates who, as (future) MPs, take the decisions to implement this basis in parliaments.
Transparency and participation
The introduction of a lobby register is called for in order to make covert influence on political organs more difficult. The party's code of ethics obliges its own members to disclose their additional income and to take other measures intended to combat lobbying. The party does not accept donations from companies.
The party advocates more participation by citizens, for example, referendums should be carried out at the federal level. The 5 percent hurdle is also to be lowered to 3 percent in order to make it easier for smaller parties to enter the Bundestag and thus to represent the opinion of the population more precisely.
Social inequality is addressed in the basic program and measures are proposed that range from a reform of the Hartz IV law to the introduction of an unconditional basic income . The increase in the minimum wage to € 12 is required. The working conditions for agency workers and temporary workers are to be improved. The pension system is to be standardized and made more equitable.
Family policy and equality
The party calls for the midwifery profession to be strengthened , for all-day care for children to be expanded, and for the gender pay gap to be reduced , in particular the abolition of spouse splitting . She also advocates the introduction of a quota for women in management bodies. Violence against women is to be combated through financial support for aid organizations and the establishment of victim protection clinics. The party campaigns for the rights of the disabled and calls for inclusion and, for example, free choice of the form of living and recognition of sign language as the official language . Full equality of same-sex marriage is required, and equal treatment of LGBTTIQ people should be anchored in the Basic Law.
It calls for the increase of the top tax rate , the more effective taxation of large companies and the fight against tax evasion , the relief of lower and middle income classes, and the introduction of a financial transaction tax .
According to the party, the two-tier health system is to be abolished in favor of a single, compulsory statutory health insurance company, while private health insurance companies can offer additional services. The health system is to be modernized and working conditions in it are to be improved. Professional active euthanasia is advocated.
The party calls for the EU Parliament to be strengthened , including through the introduction of the right of initiative . In the long term, she advocates the establishment of a European, federal, parliamentary republic. When negotiating free trade agreements such as TTIP and CETA , the party demands greater democratic control and transparency, including through the establishment of an ethics committee. The party advocates the creation of safe escape routes for refugees and the international fight against the causes of flight. The funds for development cooperation are to be increased. The arms export should be re-regulated and very limited, and be prevented entirely to areas of conflict. Nuclear weapons in Germany are to be withdrawn, a global nuclear weapons ban is sought.
The party advocates a quick switch to renewable energies and a decentralization of energy policy. She would like to introduce an emissions tax on carbon dioxide and methane and thus counteract climate change . The organic farming is to be promoted, the factory farming , the patenting of living organisms and the use of genetic engineering and glyphosate in agriculture should be abolished.
Education and digitization
The party calls for more money to be invested in education and free access to day care centers and universities . School education is to be standardized across the federal states. The connection of rural areas to the Internet is to be expanded. The party wants to make it possible for smaller artists to compete against larger media groups and to be able to live from their art. The party opposes mass surveillance and is critical of online searches , for example by a “state Trojan”.
The party positions itself against the privatization of public infrastructure and calls for constitutionally anchored net neutrality for z. B. Electricity, telecommunications, roads and railways. The migration from rural areas should be counteracted by increasing the quality of life. The transport system should be made fairer and more environmentally friendly in the sense of a traffic turnaround.
The current board since June 22, 2019:
The party chairmen of the federal association are Franka Kretschmer and Guido Drehsen. The other members of the board are Andreas Bergen (treasurer), Regine Deutsch, Alina Obst, Michaela Zimmermann, Valentin Gashi.
The Board of Directors until June 22, 2019:
The party chairmen of the federal association were Alexander Plitsch and Julia Beerhold . The other members of the board were Dorothee Vogt (treasurer), Benedikt Sequeira Gerardo, Narges Lankarani, Franka Kretschmer and Lea Brunn.
The Board of Management from April 29, 2017 to November 26, 2017:
The party chairmen of the federal association were Alexander Plitsch and Julia Beerhold . The other members of the board were Melanie Matthes (treasurer), Anne Isakowitsch, Benedikt Sequeira Gerardo, Mohammed Sharityar and Lea Brunn.
There are regional associations in 15 of the 16 federal states. (The dissolution of the state association in Bremen was formally confirmed at the 5th federal party conference on June 22, 2019) These were established accordingly within five weeks of the establishment of the federal association. Shortly after the founding of the last regional association in Rhineland-Palatinate on June 4, state lists were drawn up in all 16 federal states for the 2017 federal election.
The party has 410 confirmed party members (as of July 1, 2019), the proportion of women is 34%. In addition, there are 1146 (as of July 1, 2018) confirmed “movers” on the marketplace of ideas and the plenum of movers , who actively work out initiatives that then flow into the party's program depending on the voting results at the federal party conference.
Participation in elections
The party ran in eight federal states (Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, Berlin, Hamburg, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt) for the 2017 federal election . It won 60,826 second votes nationwide, which corresponds to 0.1%. The party achieved its best results in the two federal states of Hamburg and Berlin with 0.4% each. She received her best constituency result in the Berlin constituency Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg - Prenzlauer Berg Ost with 0.7%.
European elections 2019
In the 2019 European elections, DiB supported the other political association Democracy in Europe - DiEM25 , the German election wing of DiEM25 . The top candidate was the former finance minister of Greece, Yanis Varoufakis . From DiB was u. a. Bianca Praetorius can be found on the DiEM25 list.
- 2017: A new beginning for democracy and justice! (Petition on change.org)
- Articles of Association of April 29, 2017
- basic program (own presentation on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- Your program ( Memento of the original from August 19, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (Own presentation on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- How the initiative principle works (own presentation on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- Our Code of Ethics (presented on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- We are the first party with a diversity quota (own presentation on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
-  (Initiative for the introduction of a binding lobby register, website of the party, accessed on September 10, 2017)
-  (Initiative for the introduction of an unconditional basic income, website of the party, accessed on September 10, 2017)
-  (Initiative to increase the minimum wage, website of the party, accessed on September 10, 2017)
-  (United States of Europe Foundation, Party's website, accessed September 10, 2017)
-  (Press release on the 5th Federal Party Congress on the website, accessed on July 4, 2019)
- #BringTheSpiritToKarlsruhe - our federal party conference (blog post on the 3rd federal party conference on the website, accessed on November 27, 2017)
- Party (own representation on the website, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- DiB is in town. In: HardtIN.de. October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 22, 2017 .
- Transparency at DiB ( own presentation on the website, accessed on July 4, 2019)
- Approved state lists (overview on www.wahlrecht.de, accessed on August 18, 2017)
- Table of first votes and second votes bundeswahlleiter.de
- Bundestag election 2017, Berlin-Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg - Prenzlauer Berg Ost bundeswahlleiter.de
- EN: Bianca Praetorius . In: Democracy in Europe | Transnational list for the 2019 European elections . November 25, 2018 ( Deineuropa.jetzt [accessed on May 6, 2019]).
- European Spring. Retrieved May 6, 2019 .