Dieter Dörr (lawyer)
Dörr received his doctorate in 1983 with Fair Process: Guarantee in the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany at the University of Saarbrücken and completed his habilitation in 1987 in Cologne with a thesis on The German Merchant Fleet and the Basic Law . From 1988 to 1990 he was professor at the Institute for International Affairs at the University of Hamburg , and from 1990 to 1995 legal advisor at Saarland Broadcasting . Since October 1, 1995 he has held the chair for public law , international and European law , media law at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz .
He is also director of the Mainz Media Institute , co-author of the commentary on the Interstate Broadcasting Treaty and has also written numerous publications on national, European and international media law. Dörr is a board member of the Friborg Working Group for Broadcasting Economics (FAR), deputy spokesman for the research focus on media convergence at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz , a member of the Commission for Determining Concentration in the Media Sector (KEK) and a member of the Advisory Panel on Media Diversity of the Council of Europe and since 2003 Part-time judge at the OLG Koblenz . He is also the editor of the series Studies on German and European Media Law and co-editor of the series Medienkonvergenz / Media Convergence.
Under his chairmanship, the Commission for Determining Concentration in the Media Area (KEK) prohibited Axel Springer Verlag from taking over the ProSiebenSat.1 Media station . The case attracted nationwide attention: According to the KEK's calculations, the combination of newspaper, television and Internet offers would have created a predominant power of opinion.
In September 2019 he was one of about 100 constitutional law teachers who, with the open appeal for the right to vote, Downsized the Bundestag! turned to the German Bundestag .
- with Birgit Stark and Stefan Aufenanger (eds.): The Googleization of information search. Search engines between use and regulation . De Gruyter, Berlin / Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2014, ISBN 978-3-11-033818-8 .
- Literature by and about Dieter Dörr in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dieter Dörr's résumé
- The Mainz media institute
- Archived copy ( Memento from January 4, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- The Mainz media institute . In: Darmstädter Echo . Media department, July 3, 2010.
- Call for the right to vote: "Verkleinert den Bundestag" , open letter from September 20, 2019 in Die Welt .
- We don't know them, we just use them. In: FAZ . January 2, 2015, p. 12.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 17, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tübingen|