Eberhard Heinrich (born March 12, 1926 in Schönau an der Katzbach , Lower Silesia Province ; † February 11, 2019 ) was a German politician . He was a member of the agitation commission at the Politburo of the Central Committee of the SED and chairman of the journalists' association of the GDR .
Heinrich attended business school and completed an apprenticeship as an industrial clerk. In 1943 he was imprisoned for several months for "illegal political activity" and was expelled from the Hitler Youth in 1944 . He was drafted into the Wehrmacht , deserted in 1945 and was an American prisoner of war until 1946 .
In 1946 he moved to the Soviet occupation zone , joined the SED and worked as a volunteer in the editorial team of Vorwärts . From 1947 to 1948 he completed a journalism course at the party college "Karl Marx" and from 1950 to 1965 was department head, editorial secretary and most recently deputy editor-in-chief of New Germany . From 1965 to 1980 he was a full-time employee of the agitation commission at the Politburo of the Central Committee of the SED. From 1971 to 1989 Heinrich was a candidate for the Central Committee of the SED and from 1981 to 1990 a member of the Central Board and, as the successor to Harri Czepuck, Chairman of the Journalists' Association of the GDR. He was married to the journalist and member of the People's Chamber Lieselotte Thoms-Heinrich (1920–1992).
Heinrich died at the age of 92.
Heinrich received the GDR Medal of Merit in 1959 , the Patriotic Order of Merit in 1961, 1965 and 1974 , the Lenin Jubilee Medal in 1970 and the Medal of Merit of the National People's Army , in 1976 the Order of Labor Banner and in 1986 the Gold Star of Friendship of Nations .
- (under the pseudonym Hans Adler) Bonn - city and state in the swamp . Kongress-Verlag, Berlin 1958.
- (under the pseudonym Hans Adler) Berlin in those days. Reports from the period 1945–1948 . Kongress-Verlag, Berlin 1959.
- (together with Klaus Ullrich ) Feuded since day one. Attacks against the GDR for over three decades . Dietz-Verlag, Berlin 1981. (4th edition 1986)
- (together with Klaus Ullrich) Night over Grenada. The story of US aggression . Dietz-Verlag, Berlin 1983.
- (together with Klaus Ullrich) The war of an invisible army. Portrait of the CIA . Military Publishing House of the GDR, Berlin 1983. (2nd expanded edition 1985)
- Bernd-Rainer Barth , Andreas Herbst : . In: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 .
- notice in the new Germany of March 2, 2019, p. 6.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SED) and chairman of the journalists' association of the GDR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 12, 1926|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schönau an der Katzbach|
|DATE OF DEATH||11th February 2019|