A skilled worker in the narrower sense is a worker who has successfully completed industrial , commercial or technical vocational training . In a broader sense , this also includes people who have completed a technical college or university degree .
Persons with specialist training
- Warehouse logistics specialist as a state-recognized training occupation in Germany
- Specialist for event technology as a state-recognized training occupation in Germany
- Specialist in the hospitality industry as a state-recognized training occupation in Germany
- Specialist for occupational safety in occupational safety
- According to ÖVE EN 50110-1, a qualified electrician is a person with suitable technical training, knowledge and experience so that they can recognize and avoid dangers that can arise from electricity . In Germany, the standard DIN VDE 0105-100 is decisive, which also requires knowledge of the relevant standards. Long-term work in the relevant field of work can also be regarded as professional training. A person who has been instructed by qualified electricians in such a way that they can avoid dangers that can arise from electricity is referred to as an " electrotechnically instructed person ". A person who is neither a qualified electrician nor an electrotechnically trained person is a layperson in electrical engineering.
Skilled workers shortage
The term shortage of skilled workers usually means the undesirable lack of skilled workers , journeymen , masters , technicians and academics in certain disciplines as an offer available on the labor market. It is controversial whether a comparable supply deficit actually exists. In some cases, there is also inadequate personnel marketing in the companies concerned. To compensate for the shortage of skilled workers, several countries issue special visas, such as the skilled worker visa in Australia .
Skilled worker quota
Name for a course module
In the case of private training providers (for example "TÜV Akademie"), the term specialist is used for a course module (for example certificate course for environmental management specialist ). It is usually used to describe the lowest level of the so-called manager or auditor course .
At TÜV, the second module of the course is called the officer (for example environmental officer ) and thus exactly the other way around than in the area of occupational safety ; there, the safety officer is essentially a named person (without having to show a qualification in this regard), while the specialist for occupational safety requires appropriate further training.