Frédéric Reclam came from a Huguenot family . His father was the court jeweler Jean-François Reclam the Elder. Ä. , his brother Jean-François Reclam d. J. also worked as a jeweler. For example, the family made artfully crafted tobacco boxes for King Friedrich II .
In Berlin, Frédéric Reclam first learned the art of painting from the court painter Antoine Pesne . At the age of eighteen he went to Paris, where he lived with the court jeweler Lempereur, whose son Jean-Denis Lempereur drew and etched with him. Reclam received lessons from the painter Jean-Baptiste Marie Pierre in Paris . In March 1756, the Académie royale de peinture et de sculpture awarded him a 3rd prize in the model class. Then Reclam moved to Rome, where he created numerous landscapes in the style of Hubert Robert . He also visited places in the area, such as Tivoli .
In 1762 Reclam came back to Berlin from Rome. Here he painted a few portraits of members of the court. He worked for Prince Heinrich , the king's brother, in Rheinsberg Castle . He also worked for Prince Ferdinand . Together with his friend, the painter Daniel Chodowiecki , Reclam became a member of the Prussian Academy of Arts in 1764 .
- Sophie Karoline Marie von Brandenburg-Bayreuth, Margravine , Grunewald Hunting Lodge (GK I 349)
- Friedrich Wilhelm II. As Prince of Prussia , Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg (GK I 481)
- Queen Elisabeth Christine of Prussia (view of Schönhausen Palace in the background), around 1765, Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg (GK I 51199)
- Prince Heinrich of Prussia , Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg (GK I 7526)
- Prince Heinrich <the Younger> of Prussia (1747–1767), Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg (GK I 3153)
- There are several drawings by Frédéric Reclam in the Kupferstichkabinett Berlin . This includes a number of profile drawings as well as Roman views . The Hamburger Kunsthalle owns a view of the Colosseum in Rome .
- Reclam, Frédéric . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 28 : Ramsden-Rosa . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1934.
- Reclam, Friedrich in the German biography
- Information about Friedrich Reclam on the website of the Akademie der Künste Berlin
- Information on the drawing View of the Colosseum in Rome by Reclam on the website of the Hamburger Kunsthalle
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Reclam, Jean Frédéric; Reclam, Jean Friedrich; Reclam, Friedrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1734|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Magdeburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 4, 1774|
|Place of death||Berlin|