Life and work
Vit passed his business school diploma in 1935 and worked as an export merchant until 1938. From 1939 to 1945 he took part in World War II as a soldier , most recently as a lieutenant. At the end of the war he was captured by the United States. Vit had been a commercial clerk at the Eschweiler Mining Association in Kohlscheid since 1946 and joined the IG Bergbau und Energie in 1952 .
Vit joined the SPD in 1954 and had been chairman of the SPD local branch in Aldenhoven since 1955 . From 1964 to 1969 he was district chairman and from 1965 to 1971 sub-district chairman of the Social Democrats in Jülich.
Vit was a member of the district council of the Jülich district from 1961 to 1971 and a member of the council of the Aldenhoven community from 1984 to 1994. He was a member of the German Bundestag from 1965 to 1976. He was always drawn into parliament via the state list of North Rhine-Westphalia .
Who was Vit 1956-1971 Mayor locality Aldenhoven and then from 1972 to 1984 in the same function head of the municipality of Aldenhoven. From 1964 to 1966 he was deputy district administrator of the Jülich district.
- 1966: Ring of honor of the municipality of Aldenhoven
- 1973: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- 1978: Large Federal Cross of Merit
- 1994: Honorary citizenship of the municipality of Aldenhoven
- The large sports hall in Aldenhoven was named after him after it was renovated.
- Rudolf Vierhaus , Ludolf Herbst (eds.), Bruno Jahn (collaborators): Biographical manual of the members of the German Bundestag. 1949-2002. Vol. 2: N-Z. Attachment. KG Saur, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-598-23782-0 , p. 897.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1916|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wonderful , Sudetenland|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 11, 2005|
|Place of death||Jülich|