Frauke Zipp (born March 17, 1963 in Frankfurt am Main ) is a German neurologist and university professor . She is Professor and Director of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Neurology at the University Medical Center at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz .
Frauke Zipp studied medicine at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main from 1982 to 1989 and received her doctorate there in 1990 in neuromorphology. From 1993 to 1995, she did research as a postdoctoral fellow with a grant from the German Research Foundation and the Hertie Foundation in the Department of Neuroimmunology at the Max Planck Institute for Psychiatry in Martinsried. She then moved to the Institute of Neurology at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen as a research assistant . In 1996 she was visiting scholar at the National Institutes of Health in Maryland, USA.
She completed her habilitation in Tübingen in 1998 and completed her specialist training as a neurologist. From 1998 to 2009 she worked at the Charité Berlin . First as a senior physician in neurology, from 2002 as professor for neuroimmunology and head of the Institute for Neuroimmunology and from 2006 as head of the Cecilie Vogt Clinic. Since 2009 she has held a professorship for neurology at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and is director of the Clinic for Neurology at Mainz University Medical Center .
Frauke Zipp is part of the board of the Medical Advisory Board of the German Multiple Sclerosis Society (DMSG) and was registered on July 13, 2011 under matriculation no. In 7450 accepted as a member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina .
Zipp's research area is neuroimmunology , i.e. inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) . Her focus is on multiple sclerosis (MS) , an autoimmune disease of the CNS in which nerve cells and other body cells are attacked by the body's own immune cells. She investigates how the immune and nervous systems interact in these diseases and what options there are for immune regulation in order to develop therapeutic approaches. In addition, Zipp is also investigating which biomarkers can be used to record MS disease and which genetic factors influence the disease.
- 2005: Heinrich Pette Prize of the German Society for Neurology .
- 2011: Alexander Karl Award of the Head and Neck Tumor Research Foundation for her research on glioblastomas
- The International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium & The Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium 2: Genetic risk and a primary role for cell-mediated immune mechanisms in multiple sclerosis . In: Nature . tape 476 , no. 7359 , August 2011, ISSN 0028-0836 , p. 214–219 , doi : 10.1038 / nature10251 , PMID 21833088 , PMC 3182531 (free full text) - ( nature.com [accessed January 5, 2020]).
- Frauke Zipp, Orhan Aktas: The brain as a target of inflammation: common pathways link inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases . In: Trends in Neurosciences . tape 29 , no. 9 , September 1, 2006, ISSN 0166-2236 , p. 518-527 , doi : 10.1016 / j.tins.2006.07.006 , PMID 16879881 .
- Orhan Aktas, Timour Prozorovski, Alina Smorodchenko, Nicolai E. Savaskan, Roland Lauster: Green Tea Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Mediates T Cellular NF-κB Inhibition and Exerts Neuroprotection in Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis . In: The Journal of Immunology . tape 173 , no. 9 , November 1, 2004, ISSN 0022-1767 , p. 5794-5800 , doi : 10.4049 / jimmunol.173.9.5794 , PMID 15494532 .
- Leopoldina Newly elected members 2011, Leopoldina, Halle (Saale) 2012, p. 80 ( Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Frauke Zipp )
- Member entry by Frauke Zipp (with picture and curriculum vitae) at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
- Frauke Zipp on the website of the University of Mainz (with curriculum vitae)
- List of publications via Google Scholar
- Literature by and about Frauke Zipp in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Medical Advisory Board. Retrieved January 5, 2020 .
- Awards of the DGN: Heinrich Pette Prize. Retrieved January 5, 2020 .
- foundation awards three sponsorship awards to German university hospitals for the first time. Retrieved January 5, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German neurologist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 17, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|