Friedrich von Rummel (diplomat)
Freiherr Friedrich von Rummel, son of Karl Gustav Walter Alfons Freiherr von Rummel and Marianne von Ziegler, studied history , German and Romance languages in Munich and Paris . In 1933/34 he passed his teaching examination and received his doctorate. First he became a teacher and taught German in Turkey , among other things . In 1954 he entered the service of the Foreign Office . Among other things, he worked as a cultural advisor at the embassies of the FRG in Ankara , Rome and New Delhi as well as at the Foreign Office in Bonn . The last position before retirement was that of Consul General in Izmir . Von Rummel translated many works from Turkish into German and also wrote books himself. His history textbook for school history becoming. Intermediate level. Vol. 2: History of the Middle Ages saw six editions. He was married to Sibylle Glock.
- The Lutz Ministry and his opponents, 1871–1882. A struggle for the state church, loyalty to the Reich and parliamentary rule in Bavaria , CH Beck, Munich 1935 (= dissertation).
- Turkey on the way to Europe , Rinn, Munich 1952
- History becoming. Intermediate level. Vol. 2: History of the Middle Ages , Buchner, Bamberg 1953 [6. Edition 1960]
- Franz Ferdinand von Rummel. Teacher of Emperor Joseph I and Prince-Bishop of Vienna (1644–1716) , Oldenbourg, Munich 1980 ISBN 3-486-50131-3 (Austria Archive)
- Master novels of world literature - Turkey: Sabahattin Ali . Voices of the Nations, Issue 4. Bavaria-Verlag, Gauting 1948.
- Abdülhak Şinasi Hisar, Our good Fahim Bey. A life story . Mouton & Co., The Hague 1954.
- Friedrich Karl Dörner (Ed.): From the Bosporus to the Ararat (= cultural history of the ancient world . Volume 7 = writings of the Hermann Bröckelschen Foundation. Volume 5). Philipp von Zabern, Mainz 1981, ISBN 3-8053-0417-X , p. 385.
|SURNAME||Rummel, Friedrich von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rummel, Friedrich Ludwig Alfons von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German diplomat, historian and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 10, 1910|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 13, 2002|
|Place of death||Munderkingen|