Fritz B. Simon
Fritz B. Simon (born October 27, 1948 in Siegen ) is a German psychiatrist , psychoanalyst and family therapist . He is considered a leading exponent of systemic therapy and belongs to the Heidelberg School (founded by Helm Stierlin ). His current focus is on research and teaching on organizational consulting .
Fritz B. Simon studied medicine and sociology and also trained as a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. From 1982 to 1989 he was the senior physician in the department for basic psychoanalytic research and family therapy at Heidelberg University . In 1983 he founded the International Society for Systemic Therapy (IGST). His habilitation in the field of psychosomatics and psychotherapy took place in 1987 at the medical faculty of Heidelberg University.
In 1989 Simon was one of the ten founders of Carl Auer Verlag in Heidelberg . In 1990 he was involved in setting up the Heidelberg Institute for Systemic Research, Therapy and Counseling . From 1999 to 2004, Fritz B. Simon was Professor of Management and Organization at the Witten Institute for Family Businesses in the Faculty of Economics at the University of Witten / Herdecke . Since 2004 he has been associated there as an adjunct professor.
In 2005, 2007 and 2009 Fritz B. Simon was voted one of the "40 leading figures in human resources" by the German magazine Personalmagazin . Heiko Kleve describes him as one of the "most important and innovative systemic therapists and theorists."
As an author:
- The influence of constitutional factors on nerve conduction velocity. 1972 (dissertation, University of Göttingen, 1973).
- The Language of Family Therapy: A Vocabulary. Overview, criticism and integration of system therapy terms, concepts and methods. Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 1984; 6th edition 2004.
- The process of individuation: About the connection between reason and feelings. Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht, Göttingen 1984.
- Clinical epistemology: About the connection between familial interaction, cognition and psychosomatic, manic-depressive and schizophrenic symptom formation. 1987 (Habilitation thesis, University of Heidelberg, 1987).
- Differences that make differences: Clinical epistemology: the basis of systematic psychiatry and psychosomatics. Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 1988; 2nd edition 1995.
- My psychosis, my bike and me: for self-organization of the madness . Auer, Heidelberg 1990; 10th edition 2004.
- with Conecta authors group: Radical market economy: behavior as a commodity or whoever acts, acts. Auer, Heidelberg 1992; 5th edition 2005.
- The other side of health: Approaches to a systemic disease and therapy theory. Auer, Heidelberg 1995; 3rd edition 2012.
- The art of not learning and other paradoxes in psychotherapy, management, politics ... Auer, Heidelberg 1997; 4th edition 2007.
- with Christel Rech-Simon: Circular questions: Systemic therapy in case studies. A textbook. Auer, Heidelberg 1999; 9th edition 2012.
- Deadly Conflicts: For Self-Organization of Private and Public Wars. Auer, Heidelberg 2001; 2nd edition 2004.
- Between couch & one-way mirror: systemic for psychoanalysts - psychoanalytic for systemicists. A conversation. Auer, Heidelberg 2001.
- with Gunthard Weber : On navigating while drifting: “Post from the workshop” of systemic therapy. Auer, Heidelberg 2004; 4th edition 2012.
- Together we are stupid !? The intelligence of companies, managers and markets. Auer, Heidelberg 2004; 3rd edition 2009.
- with Rudolf Wimmer , Torsten Groth: Multi-generation family business: secrets of success from Oetker, Merck, Haniel u. a. Auer, Heidelberg 2005.
- with Gunthard Weber, Gunther Schmidt : Constellation work revisited ... after Hellinger? Auer, Heidelberg 2005.
- Introduction to systems theory and constructivism. Auer, Heidelberg 2006.
- Introduction to systemic organization theory. Auer, Heidelberg 2007.
- with Christel Rech-Simon: Survival tips for adoptive parents. Auer, Heidelberg 2008.
- Introduction to systemic economic theory. Auer, Heidelberg 2009.
- Introduction to the systems theory of conflict. Auer, Heidelberg 2010.
- with Margarete Haaß-Wiesegart , Zhao Xudong: “Zhong-de-ban” or: How psychotherapy came to China: history and analysis of an intercultural adventure. Auer, Heidelberg 2011.
- Introduction to family business theory. Auer, Heidelberg 2012.
- When right is left and left is right: Paradox management in family, business and politics. Auer, Heidelberg 2013.
- Introduction to the (system) theory of consulting. Auer, Heidelberg 2014.
- with Gunthard Weber: Geist or Ghost. Strange encounters. Carl Auer , Heidelberg 1990.
- Living Systems: Constructions of Reality in Systemic Therapy. Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 1997.
- The family of the family business: a system between emotion and business. Auer, Heidelberg 2002; 3rd edition 2011 (also main author).
- with Dirk Baecker , Peter Krieg : Terror in the system: September 11, 2001 and the consequences. Auer, Heidelberg 2002.
- Before the game is after the game: Systemic aspects of football. Auer, Heidelberg 2009.
- ↑ Heiko Kleve : Fritz B. Simons clinical epistemology - or: About the madness of living according to logical rules , in Der Zirkel des Talos. Discussions with systemic therapists ; Aachen (1999), Heinz J. Kersting (Ed.)
- Literature by and about Fritz B. Simon in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Fritz B. Simon
- Management Center Witten
- Interview with Heinz Kersting
|SURNAME||Simon, Fritz B.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and family therapist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 27, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wins|