Since the early 1960s, Rinnhofer practiced the profession of chief taxidermist for entomology in Eberswalde , where he still lives today. He has been a freelance photographer and photo journalist since 1984.
In the specialist magazines Fotokino-Magazin and Fotografie, which were widespread in the GDR , his pictures were regularly, mostly monthly. Günter Rinnhofer has contributed to numerous book publications and published two books of his own. She specializes in wildlife and nature photography, especially insects and birds. Landscape photographs from his home town of Eberswalde and the surrounding area are also part of his photographic focus. He also dealt with nude photography . His quote became known: "A nude photo is good when the model shows it around the coffee table at the grandmother's birthday and those present like it".
He had personal exhibitions in Berlin , Chemnitz , Gorzów (Poland) , Plauen / Vogtland, Frankfurt (Oder) , Prerow / Darß and several times in Eberswalde and successfully participated in FIAP exhibitions in Germany, Spain, Poland, Hungary and the Soviet Union. He has also received numerous awards for his pictures. In 1982 Günter Rinnhofer won two prizes in the series of exhibitions “Nude and Landscape” initiated by Klaus Ender with his pictures “The Muschel” and “Morgentoilette in the Balt-Orient-Express”, which has been taking place since 1975 . At the FIAP World Exhibition in Reus in 1984, he took 3rd place. His internationally best-known and most successful photo is "The Shell" , which has won several international awards.
Günter Rinnhofer, as a “craftsman of the old school”, works exclusively with analog technology , only rarely with electronic cameras (interior light measurement).
The following statements describe Günter Rinnhofer's artistic approach:
- "I only work analog and retouch with a brush."
- " Film grain is not a shortcoming , but a design element, absolute sharpness does not always have to be."
- "An image is not created in a complicated camera, but in the eye of the photographer."
- Hans Preuss, Horst Hering (ed.): In the Schorfheide. Forays between the Havel and Grimnitzsee , illustrated book. With photographs and a. by Günter Rinnhofer, Brockhaus-Verlag, Leipzig, 1975
- Since 1991 he has self-published around 350 picture postcards (as of 2007).
- Rinnhofer / Rohlfien: Eberswalde, Wartberg-Verlag
- Rinnhofer / Rohlfien: Eberswalde (yesterday and today - a comparison), Wartberg-Verlag
- The ear lark, Eremophila alpestris (L.) in the Karl-Marx-Stadt district , in: Erich Kleinsteuber: Faunistic-ecological studies on coleoptera on a raised bog in the upper Western Ore Mountains , Museum für Naturkunde, Karl-Marx-Stadt, 1969
- Der Berg Hänfling, Carduelis flavirostris (L.), in the Karl-Marx-Stadt district , in: Gerald Urban: David Frenzel, Saxon precious stone inspector zu Chemnitz , Museum für Naturkunde, Karl-Marx-Stadt, 1970.
- with Günther Petersen, Gerrit Friese: Contributions to the insect fauna of the GDR, Lepidoptera - Crambidae , Institute for Plant Protection Research Eberswalde, 1973.
- Contributions to the insect fauna of the GDR, Lepidoptera - Pyralidae , Institute for Plant Protection Research Eberswalde, 1975.
- Contributions to the insect fauna of the GDR, Lepidoptera - Nymphuliane, Schoenobiiane, Acentropidae , Institute for Plant Protection Research Eberswalde, 1988.
- with Jens Möller: About the natural facilities and development opportunities of the former Trampe military training area near Eberswalde. In: State Agency for Large Protected Areas Brandenburg; Senate Department for Urban Development Berlin (Ed.): Biotope and species protection in the Barnim Nature Park (Barnim Report I) 2002, .
- Homepage of the photographer
- When the East pulled out: Nude photography in the GDR video on Spiegel Online
- Act in the GDR a retrospective
- Naked in the GDR , part 2 ( Memento from April 2, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Sex sells ( Memento of the original from September 26, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. in: art. The art magazine from May 26, 2008; Retrieved December 29, 2011
- Homepage of Günter Rinnhofer
- Nude and Landscape
- Homepage of Günter Rinnhofer
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German photographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chemnitz|