Günther Kronenbitter (born December 18, 1960 in Gütersloh ) is a German historian .
Kronenbitter was born in 1992 with Theo Stammen at the University of Augsburg with the history of ideas dissertation Word and Power. Friedrich Gentz as a political writer for Dr. phil. PhD. In 2001 he completed his habilitation with the support of a Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in the subject of modern and contemporary history on the subject of “War in Peace”. The leadership of the Austro-Hungarian army and the great power politics of Austria-Hungary 1906–1914 . Inspired by Stig Förster , the scientists Josef Becker and Andreas Wirsching supported the work significantly .
He taught u. a. at the University of British Columbia , the University of Salzburg , the University of Vienna , the University of Bern and the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna . From 2006 to 2009 he was DAAD Professor of History at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 2012/13 he has held the chair for European Ethnology / Folklore at the University of Augsburg.
His research interests are military history , the history of political ideas and the history of international relations .
- Word and power. Friedrich Gentz as a political writer (= contributions to political science . Volume 71). Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1994, ISBN 3-428-07962-0 .
- (Ed. With Johannes Burkhardt , Josef Becker, Stig Förster ): Long and short ways into the First World War. Four Augsburg contributions to research into the causes of war (= writings of the philosophical faculties of the University of Augsburg , No. 49). Vögel, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-89650-012-0 .
- "War in Peace". The leadership of the Austro-Hungarian army and the great power politics of Austria-Hungary 1906–1914 (= studies on international history . Volume 13). Oldenbourg, Munich 2003, ISBN 3-486-56700-4 .
- (Ed. With Markus Pöhlmann , Dierk Walter ): Crew. Function and form of foreign military rule from antiquity to the 20th century (= war in history . Volume 28). In conjunction with the Military History Working Group , Schöningh, Paderborn u. a. 2006, ISBN 3-506-71736-7 .
- (Ed. With Stig Förster, Christian Jansen ): Return of the Condottieri? War and the military between state monopoly and privatization. From antiquity to the present (= war in history , vol. 57). Schöningh, Paderborn u. a. 2010, ISBN 978-3-506-76754-7 .
- (Ed. With Philipp Gassert , Stefan Paulus, Wolfgang EJ Weber ): Augsburg and America. Appropriations and global entanglements in a city (= Documenta Augustana . Volume 24). Wißner, Augsburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-89639-967-0 .
- Search for Günther Kronenbitter in the German Digital Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Günther Kronenbitter at perlentaucher.de
- Günther Kronenbitter at the University of Augsburg
- ↑ Vademecum of History , 10th edition, 2012/2013, Steiner, Stuttgart 2012, p. 453.
- ^ Günther Kronenbitter: Word and Power. Friedrich Gentz as a political writer , Berlin 1994, p. 5.
- ↑ Günther Kronenbitter: "War in Peace". The leadership of the Austro-Hungarian army and the great power politics of Austria-Hungary 1906–1914 , Munich 2003, p. Viii.
- ↑ Günther Kronenbitter: "War in Peace". The leadership of the Austro-Hungarian Army and the great power politics of Austria-Hungary 1906–1914 , Munich 2003, p. Vii.
|SURNAME||Crown bitter, Günther|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 18, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gutersloh|