life and career
After such a clash in 1884 , Gail played against her sister Carol in only the second match between sisters at the Wimbledon Championships in 1966 . The next sibling match took place in 2000 between Serena and Venus Williams .
Chanfreau reached the quarter-finals of the Australian Open in 1967 and 1972 and the French Open in 1968 and 1971 . In 1967, 1970 and 1971 she won the women's doubles competition at the French Open with Françoise Durr and in 1976 with Fiorella Bonicelli .
Grand Slam title
|1.||1967||International French tennis championships||Grand Slam||sand||Françoise Dürr||
Annette Van Zyl Pat Walkden
||6: 2, 6: 2|
|2.||1970||French Open||Grand Slam||sand||Françoise Dürr||
Rosie Casals Billie Jean King
||6: 1, 3: 6, 6: 3|
|3.||1971||French Open||Grand Slam||sand||Françoise Dürr||
Helen Gourlay Kerry Harris
||6: 4, 6: 1|
|4th||1976||French Open||Grand Slam||sand||Fiorella Bonicelli||
Kathleen Harter Helga Masthoff
||6: 4, 1: 6, 6: 3|
Besides her sister, she also has a brother. In 1968 she married the French tennis player Jean-Baptiste Chanfreau and moved to France. She concluded a second marriage with the French tennis player Jean Lovera .
- WTA profile Gail Sherriff (English)
- ITF profile Gail Sherriff (English)
- Fed Cup stats by Gail Sherriff (English)
- Gail Sheriff at www.tennis-player.com
- Tribute to Ross Sheriff. In: tennisseniors.org.au. Retrieved May 21, 2019 .
- Sherriff's call shots in 20th century SW19 history. In: itftennis.com. Archived from the original on April 16, 2017 ; accessed on May 21, 2019 (English).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Chanfreau, Gail; Lovera, Gail; Benedetti, Gail|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||french tennis player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 3, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Australia|