Gottfried Eichler the Younger
In 1743, at the time the University of Erlangen was founded by Margrave Friedrich von Brandenburg-Bayreuth , Eichler was one of the first teachers to receive the position of university master of drawing and university engraver, which he gave up in 1751. He returned Eichler to his hometown. In 1752 he married Sabine Margarethe , née Held , with whom he fathered the later draftsman and engraver Matthias Gottfried Eichler (1748–1821).
He was involved in
- "Kilian's Bible ", Philipp Andreas Kilian's Picture Bible ;
- Location of high knight orders, secondary title, temporary almanac for the year after the gracious birth of our Lord and Heyland Jesus Christ (= Théatre des plus célèbres Ordres de Chevalerie ), drawn by Gottfried Eichler and then engraved by Jacob A. Friderich , Augspurg: Friderich, 1755 (verified until 1957);
- Paul von Stetten : Mr. Paul von Stetten, the youngest explanation of the performances engraved in copper, from the history of the imperial city of Augsburg: In historical letters to a woman , Conrad Heinrich Stage, Augsburg 1765; Digitized version of the Bavarian State Library
and provided the drawing for the title copper engraved by Tobias Laub of Sebastian Walch's portraits of all gentlemen burger masters, The Excellent Republique, Stadt und Vor-Orths Zürich From the 1336th bit to the 1742th year , Kempten 1756.
- Eichler, Gottfried the Elder J. In: Ulrich Thieme (Hrsg.): General lexicon of visual artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 10 : Dubolon – Erlwein . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1914, p. 407-408 ( Text Archive - Internet Archive ). (with a list of the portrait prints)
- Bettina Schumann-Jung: Eichler, Gottfried . In: General Artist Lexicon . The visual artists of all times and peoples (AKL). Volume 32, Saur, Munich a. a. 2002, ISBN 3-598-22772-8 , p. 508.
- Eichler, Gottfried the Elder J. (Johann Gottfried) on the bavarikon .de page
- Eichler, Gottfried d. J. (Johann Gottfried) on the site bavarikon.de .
- Compare the information under the GND number of the German National Library
- Wilhelm Schmidt : Kilian (family) . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 15, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1882, p. 737 f.
- Portraits of all gentlemen burger masters, The excellent republique, city and suburbs of Zurich From the 1336th bit to the 1742th year, brought in copper at their own expense, and given out . Kempten 1756 ( digitized version ).
|SURNAME||Eichler, Gottfried the Younger|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Eichler, Gottfried Johann; Eichler, Johann Gottfried; Eichler, G .; Eichler, Gottfried; Eichler, G. jun .; Eichler, ...; Eichler, Gottfridus|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German draftsman and engraver, lecturer at the University of Erlangen|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1715|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 21, 1770|
|Place of death||augsburg|