In the course of his historical work he came into contact with Charles de Montalembert , among others, and in the 1830s he increasingly turned to writing. In addition, Görres was always active in Catholic political journalism and had connections and contact with leading conservative Catholic circles via the Eos and Görres districts. Together with George Phillips , he was involved in founding the historical-political papers for his father's Catholic Germany . After the death of his father, he took over the editorial office. After his death, the editor was passed on to his sister Marie Görres .
Görres mainly composed sacred songs, some of which also found their way into popular songs.
- The Maiden of Orléans according to the trial files and simultaneous chronicles (Regensburg 1834);
- Festival calendar in pictures and songs (Munich 1835–39, 3 vols.)
- Schön Röslein (with drawings by Franz Pocci et al., 1835)
- Marienlieder (ibid. 1842, 3rd ed. 1853)
- The life of the holy. Cecilia , epic poem (1843)
- The horny Siegfried (with lithographs after Kaulbach, Schaffhausen 1843)
- Poems (Munich 1844)
- The Divine Journey to Trier and the Devil's Landsturm , two poems (Koblenz 1844)
- The poor pilgrim to the holy skirt , poem (ibid. 1846)
- The German house book (Munich 1846–47, 2 vols.)
- Hyacinth Holland : Görres, Guido . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 9, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1879, p. 378.
- Otto Roegele: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 6, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1964, ISBN 3-428-00187-7 , p. 531 f. ( ). In:
- Irmgard Scheitler: Guido Görres as a folk writer. In: Harald Dickerhof (ed.): Görres studies. Paderborn u. a. 1999, pp. 171-213.
- Irmgard Scheitler: Poetry of Innocence. Spiritual songs by Guido Görres. In this. (Ed.): Spiritual song and hymn in the 19th century. Tübingen 2000, pp. 233-254.
- Literature by and about Guido Görres in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Guido Görres in the German Digital Library
- Partial estate in the Bavarian State Library
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Görres, Guido Moritz (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 28, 1805|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Koblenz|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 14, 1852|
|Place of death||Munich|