Hans Adam Weissenkircher
Hans Adam Weissenkircher (born February 10, 1646 in Laufen , Bavaria , Germany , † January 16, 1695 in Graz , Styria , Austria ) was an Austrian baroque painter and court painter to Prince Johann Seyfried von Eggenberg in Graz.
Weissenkircher was born into a Salzburg artist family and was the brother of Wolf Weissenkircher. In Venice he was trained by the Munich- born painter Johann Carl Loth . Weissenkircher from Salzburg adopted a lot of Michelangelo Caravaggio's painting style. During his studies he traveled to Rome , Florence and Bologna , among others , until he finally came to Styria , where he was responsible for many well-known works, such as the ceiling and wall paintings of the planet room in Schloss Eggenberg , which were started in 1678 and completed in 1685 . There are also numerous other paintings, altarpieces and high altars in Styria.
- Maria Magdalena in the parish church of St. Magdalena (Wildon)
- Holy Trinity in the Graz Karlauerkirche
- Annunciation to Maria in the Grazer Grabenkirche
- Circumcision of Christ in the Church of St. Andrä (Graz)
- Altarpiece in the church Maria im Elend zu Straßgang
- Altarpiece in the Ehrenhausen mausoleum
- High altars
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Weißkircher, Adam . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 54th part. Imperial-Royal Court and State Printing Office, Vienna 1886, p. 187 f. ( Digitized version ).
|SURNAME||Weissenkircher, Hans Adam|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Weissenkirchner, Hans Adam; Weißenkircher, Hans Adam; Weißenkirchner, Hans Adam|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian baroque painter, court painter to Prince von Eggenberg in Graz|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1646|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Laufen , Bavaria , Germany|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 16, 1695|
|Place of death||Graz , Styria , Austria|