Hans Josef Wieling
Hans Josef Wieling (born December 31, 1935 in Essen ; † February 12, 2018 in Trier ) was a German legal historian and lawyer . Until 2004 he held a chair for civil law, Roman law, and modern history of private law at the University of Trier .
Wieling studied law at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster from 1957 to 1961 . He was Dieter Nörr's research assistant in 1961 and 1966 . In 1961 he passed the first state examination in Hamm and the second in Düsseldorf in 1966 . In the following year he worked at the Institute for Canon Law in Bonn under Knut Wolfgang Nörr . In the same year he received his doctorate in Münster and was research assistant to Dieter Nörr at the chair for Roman law in Münster until 1970 . He also spent his time as an assistant at the Leopold Wenger Institute of the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich , where he completed his habilitation in 1971. In 1977 he took up his professorship in Trier, which he held until his retirement in 2004. One of his academic students is the well-known Tübingen professor Thomas Finkenauer . He worked as a judge at the Higher Regional Court in Koblenz from 1988 to 2000. Wieling died on February 12, 2018 at the age of 82.
- Property Law , Volume 1: Property , Possession and Rights to Movable Property , 2nd Edition, Berlin 2006.
- Property law , 5th edition, Berlin 2007.
- Law of Enrichment , 4th edition, Berlin 2007.
- Interpretation of wills in Roman law , Munich 1972. (Habilitation thesis)
- Interest and private punishment from the Middle Ages to the Civil Code , Münster 1967. (Inaugural dissertation)
- Thomas Finkenauer , Fabian Klinck : Hans Wieling (1935–2018). In: Legal journal . Volume 73, No. 7, April 6, 2018, pp. 347-348, doi: 10.1628 / jz-2018-0011
- Thomas Finkenauer, Fabian Klinck: Hans Josef Wieling (December 31, 1935– February 12, 2018). In: Journal of the Savigny Foundation for Legal History, Romance Studies Department . 136, 2019, pp. 595-600.
- Literature by and about Hans Josef Wieling in the catalog of the German National Library
- Obituary for Prof. Dr. Dr. hc Hans Wieling
|SURNAME||Wieling, Hans Josef|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Wieling, Hans|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 31, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Muenster|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 12, 2018|
|Place of death||trier|