Hans Michael Beuerle
Beuerle was the son of the church musician Herbert Beuerle and Lotte Beuerle, née Engelmann. In his parents' house he received his musical stamp from vocal and instrumental ensemble music, especially from the Baroque period . While still a student at a Frankfurt grammar school, he studied violin and chamber music at the Hoch Conservatory , followed by school music at the Frankfurt University of Music, then violin and, in the postgraduate course, conducting (artistic maturity examination in Helmuth Rilling's choir conducting class ) and at Goethe University the subjects musicology, German studies and philosophy. In 1975, he was with Louis Finscher with a thesis on the a cappella -compositions of Johannes Brahms Dr. phil. PhD.
During his studies in 1966 he took over a student choir at Frankfurt University , from which the Frankfurt Chamber Choir emerged. In 1984 the ensemble won a prize at the Let the Peoples Sing international choir competition . From 1971 to 1972 he was artistic director of the boys' choir of the Laubacher Kantorei . In 1973 he accepted a teaching position in choral conducting at the Trossingen University of Music . In 1977 he switched to a professorship at the Karlsruhe University of Music . From 1980 until his retirement in 2006 he was professor for choir and orchestra conducting at the Freiburg University of Music .
In 1991 the Frankfurt Chamber Choir changed its seat and name and, under Beuerle's direction, developed into a professional vocal ensemble as the Anton Webern Choir Freiburg .
In addition, Hans Michael Beuerle and colleagues from Alsace and Switzerland initiated CHŒUR3 e. V. - International Choir Academy in the three-country corner.
Beuerle died in January 2015 at the age of 73 of severe pneumonia that he contracted after his last public appearance.
- 2011: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Walter Habel (Ed.): Who is who? , Volume 29. Schmidt-Römhild, 1990.
- Literature by and about Hans Michael Beuerle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Portrait with the Anton Webern Choir Freiburg
- Portrait with the Freiburg Bach Choir
- The conductor Hans Michael Beuerle is dead , Badische Zeitung , January 16, 2015.
- Announcement of awards of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany. In: Federal Gazette . Vol. 64, No. 9, January 17, 2012.
|SURNAME||Beuerle, Hans Michael|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German choirmaster|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 15, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 15, 2015|
|Place of death||Freiburg in Breisgau|