Hans Richard Weinhöppel
Hans Richard Weinhöppel studied at the Royal Music School in Munich , where he a. a. had lessons in counterpoint from Josef Gabriel Rheinberger , and began a career as an opera singer. In 1892 he became theater conductor at the Opéra Française in New Orleans . After his return to Germany he was a member, musical director and couplet composer of the cabaret Die Elf Scharfrichter in Munich from 1901 to 1903 . There he carried the "executioner name" Hannes Ruch , under which he also published his songs and works for cabaret. He had a close friendship for many years with Frank Wedekind , of whom he set a number of songs to music. In Vienna he was musical director of the cabaret Nachtlicht (1906), founded by Marc Henry and Marya Delvard , and the cabaret Fledermaus (1907). From 1906 to 1927 Weinhöppel was professor for solo singing and facial expression at the Cologne Conservatory .
His grave is in the Munich forest cemetery .
- The lover's mood . Incidental music for the shepherd's play by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. 1907.
- Twelve new picaresque songs for guitar or lute by Hannes Ruch. 1912.
- 30 cheerful tenor songs.
- 30 cheerful bass songs. 1914.
- Hannes Ruch: Who is Oskar Panizza? [Introduction] In: Oskar Panizza , Visions of the Twilight. Munich / Leipzig 1914.
- Three songs with piano or lute accompaniment. 1916.
- Youth. Opera in 3 acts based on Max Halbe's eponymous drama by Hans Richard Weinhöppel [libretto]. Music by Ignatz Waghalter . 1917.
- 45 songs from the rose garden by Hermann Löns. 1921.
- The eleven executioners. Grotesque march. (for the cabaret "Die Elf Scharfrichter" in Munich)
- Monika Dimpfl: Mähneumwallter musician: Hans Richard Weinhöppel alias Hannes Ruch (1867–1928). Radio broadcast of the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation on December 16, 2001 in Bavaria 2 .
- Literature by and about Hans Richard Weinhöppel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Hans Richard Weinhöppel in the German Digital Library
- Hans Richard Weinhöppel in the Bavarian Musicians' Lexicon Online (BMLO)
- Sheet music and audio files by Hans Richard Weinhöppel in the International Music Score Library Project
- Estate of Hans Richard Weinhöppel , Bavarian literature portal
- Ruch, Hannes (1867–1928) owner Weinhöppel, Hans Richard , Theater Studies Collection Schloss Wahn eV
- The eleven executioners. Grotesque march on YouTube
- Hans-Michael Körner, Bruno Jahn: Large Bavarian Biographical Encyclopedia. Volume 3: P – ZKG Saur, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-598-11460-5 , p. 2071 ( online via De Gruyter online ).
- Mirko Nottscheid (ed.): Karl Kraus - Frank Wedekind: Correspondence 1903 to 1917 (= Wedekind readings: writings of the Frank Wedekind Society. Volume 5) Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-8260- 3701-6 , p. 396 (annotated register of persons).
- Georg W. Forcht: Frank Wedekind and the beginnings of German-language cabaret (= Series Linguistics and Literature Studies. Volume 39). Centaurus, Freiburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8255-0744-2 , p. 84 ( limited preview in Google book search).
- Josef Zuth: Handbook of the lute and guitar. Vienna 1926–1928, p. 236 ( limited preview in Google book search).
- Werner Ebnet: You lived in Munich: Biographies from eight centuries. Allitera, Munich 2016, ISBN 978-3-86906-744-5 , p. 634 ( limited preview in Google book search).
|SURNAME||Weinhöppel, Hans Richard|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ruch, Hannes (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Kapellmeister and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 29, 1867|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 10, 1928|
|Place of death||Munich|