Heinrich Jaroslaw Clam-Martinic
Heinrich Jaroslaw Johann Nepomuk Maria Karl Borromäus Richard Aloys Vitus, Count von und zu Clam-Martinic , Czech: Jindřich Jaroslav hrabě Clam-Martinic , (born June 15, 1826 in St. Georgen , Pressburg county , † June 5, 1887 in Prague ) was a Bohemian national politician in the Habsburg monarchy .
He was a son of the Austrian general Karl Josef Nepomuk Graf Clam-Martinic (1792-1840). After studying law, he began as a manager of the state administration in Mělník , was Ministerialrat in Budapest , including governor in Krakow and in 1859 President of Western Galicia . From 1860 he devoted himself only to politics and became the leader of the Czech aristocracy. He saw the solution to the nationality problem of the monarchy only in the "preservation of the political-historical individualities" of the crown lands .
In 1861, as President of the Bohemian Museum in Prague, he had a meeting with František Ladislav Rieger , in which he agreed a collaboration between the bourgeois liberals and the Bohemian aristocracy. Clam-Martinic "it wasn't so much about the recognition of the nation as it was about that of the nobility". He tried to enforce Bohemian rights within the Austrian monarchy or to make compromises. After 1879 he was elected deputy chairman of the Bohemian deputies in the Reichsrat .
His nephew Heinrich Clam-Martinic also became a politician and was Austrian Prime Minister.
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Clam-Martinitz, Heinrich Jaroslav Graf . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 11th part. Imperial-Royal Court and State Printing Office, Vienna 1864, p. 381 f. ( Digitized version ).
- Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 1, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1957, p. 149. In:
- Otto Urban: Česká společnost 1848–1918 , Prague 1982.
- Literature and other media by and about Heinrich Jaroslaw Clam-Martinic in the catalog of the National Library of the Czech Republic
- Entry on Heinrich Jaroslaw Clam-Martinic in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Heribert Sturm : Biographical Lexicon for the History of the Bohemian Countries. Published on behalf of the Collegium Carolinum (Institute) , Volume 1, Oldenbourg Verlag, Munich / Vienna 1979, ISBN 3-486-49491-0 , p. 204.
- Robert A. Kann : The nationality problem of the Habsburg Monarchy. History and ideas of national endeavors from the Vormärz to the dissolution of the Reich in 1918 . Volume 1: The Empire and the Peoples . Böhlau, Graz / Cologne 1964. p. 64
- Jan Křen : The conflict community. Czechs and Germans. 1780-1918 . Verlag Oldenbourg, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-486-56017-4 , p. 122.
|SURNAME||Clam-Martinic, Heinrich Jaroslaw|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Clam-Martinic, Jindrich Jaroslav; Clam-Martinic, Heinrich Jaroslav Graf|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bohemian-Czech politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 15, 1826|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||St. Georgen , Pressburg County|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 5, 1887|
|Place of death||Prague|